Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
I called in to Directv again today to complain how every 2-3 days I have to reboot my Genie in order to have MRV work. I said I think it's a software issue but I have no problems with my HR24.

After going through a few steps ( the usual you know what you're talking about but they don't believe you) she asked if I had a tech out to look at it? I said NO. So she said lets do that. I said that's fine with me. So Friday afternoon I'll have a tech out.

I'm pretty sure they'll show up and not be able to find the issue. I still think it's a software issue.

Anyone else with this problem think it's equipment?

Only happens to me when I do something to affect connectivity on my network. Had a bad power connection to the directv network adapter to and it happened also. Otherwise been pretty solid. I have hr34and hr24 and a plain old hd unit.

I believe I just may have my issue fixed. I had the tech come out and kept getting 48-004 error. So he ran me a new line down in the dinning room and moved the swim to no tvs are being used in the line and also my Genie was set for the wrong setup. So he foxed that as well. Now I get no errors on the system test. So now I'll just have to see if MRV still gives me fits or not.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

I called in to Directv again today to complain how every 2-3 days I have to reboot my Genie in order to have MRV work. I said I think it's a software issue but I have no problems with my HR24.

After going through a few steps ( the usual you know what you're talking about but they don't believe you) she asked if I had a tech out to look at it? I said NO. So she said lets do that. I said that's fine with me. So Friday afternoon I'll have a tech out.

I'm pretty sure they'll show up and not be able to find the issue. I still think it's a software issue.

Anyone else with this problem think it's equipment?

We had a tech come out last Saturday for the same reason as yours. I think I need a new reboot button! The tech, within 20 secs saw it was a software issue. Also we had a bad dish. Ours was out of kilter or warped. He couldn't get it aligned so he installed a new one.

Jeff

So far mine is fixed. The swim power box wire wasn't plug into the power on the gray box (I have a swim 16) once we removed it from behind the tv and have it on its own line every system test I run says ok and MRV works every time. I haven't had to reboot my Genie at all this week.

I just hope I don't jinx myself now since I was saying its fixed.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts