Genie Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lsh1885

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
Orlando, Florida
I have a Genie system with 2 clients, one of the clients has some issues. The client in question has two problems, the first one, when your watching a recorded program and you try to fast forward past commercials it stops and the picture is frozen, if I press the ff button again to go the next speed it resumes. The next thing it does is if you change channels you lose the audio, to get the sound back you have to power it off and then back on. These are intermittent so it doesn't happen all the time. I have tried rebooting the DVR/Client and also switched clients and it is still doing it so that means the boxes are not defective and it is likely in the cable. Just wondering if anyone else has had any similar experiences.

Sounds like a Coax issue, or splitter problem. Any changes in your DirecTV wiring before this box started acting up? Have you tried doing a Red Button Reboot on the DVR, then do a unplug and plug back in on all of the cliets?

Thanks what I figured a bad signal coming through the coax. I tried the rebooting, but not with the clients unplugged so I will try that just to be sure. Thank You!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts