Genie Software Changing Again?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
I've noticed that ever since we got the Season/Ep number listings on the Genie most of the time it was correct, but they couldn't ever seem to get it 100% right, but after just scanning my to do list it appears that virtually all the Season/Ep numbers are almost all gone except for maybe 2 shows in my list. I'm wondering if DirecTV decided to get rid of that feature?

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I saw this a couple weeks ago with Quantico. It confused me because I was looking for the episode number specifically in my playlist, so when I didn't see it, I thought that it was just a week there wasn't an episode. I looked it up on IMDB and there was, but it was just titled "Go" which was the title of the episode.

Last week, I looked and it showed S1E8 again, and I have no idea why. No update has come in since xABC, which was on 10/30.

It's not the software. The episode info is in the guide data which is changing all the time. Maybe they were having some issues....

Reactions: harmlesslyfatal
it appears that if that information is not in the metadata it won't show on the Genie. IOW, the networks are not including such info to the data aggregator.

Reactions: harmlesslyfatal
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)