genie speed issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wx86

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2021
Tennessee
hello guys. first time posting, long time lurker. i have a genie hr54-700 with 2 c61-700 clients. been a directv customer for about 4 months now.

ive noticed that when everyone is watching tv the genie becomes slow. such as slow to load menu's and respond to remote commands. scrolling the guide and accessing the dvr list is painfully slow. it does not do this when the other boxes are off & no one has double play activated. sometimes when it gets slow the audio will be out of sync. but a channel change fixes that.

is this common? could any of this be caused by the lack of cpu power or the 5400 rpm drive or both? would using a 7200rpm alleviate some of those issues? i would love to hear your opinions about that.

hello guys. first time posting, long time lurker. i have a genie hr54-700 with 2 c61-700 clients. been a directv customer for about 4 months now.

ive noticed that when everyone is watching tv the genie becomes slow. such as slow to load menu's and respond to remote commands. scrolling the guide and accessing the dvr list is painfully slow. it does not do this when the other boxes are off & no one has double play activated. sometimes when it gets slow the audio will be out of sync. but a channel change fixes that.

is this common? could any of this be caused by the lack of cpu power or the 5400 rpm drive or both? would using a 7200rpm alleviate some of those issues? i would love to hear your opinions about that.

I have the hr54-700 with c61 clients. I noticed the 5400 rpm drives are a little sluggish at times. I've read reports where people have had the same problems you are having. some claim the 5400 cant keep up. I moved up to a 7200 rpm and things did improve. menu and guide functions were snappy and I experienced no problems. for about the last 30 days or so I've been using a samsung 1TB ssd with zero issues. remote response, guide & menu functions are just as quick as with the 7200 drive. reboot times are quicker with the ssd, but not by much. although in theory 5400 drives should work fine & in most cases people don't have an issue with them, but I'm not a fan of 5400 drives.

I think the 7200 rpm drives are fine. ssd's lifespan is limited to the amount of reads/writes it does. if you go the ssd route get one with the highest tbw rating you can afford. my 860 evo has a 600 tbw. according the the smart data it should last me around 5yrs if not longer with my current viewing. it will likely out live my genie.

0x14D5-check your date --menu Settings display ---pg down --That is an issue with that build. What you can do is using your remote on the genie --Menu -Search (TYPE) CLEARMYBOX --Search --then Search all.

NOTE: your receiver will reboot and rebuild the software plugins When your TV picture returns it will take 24 to 48 hrs for the full guide and VOD to return. It will fix your issue --also there is 0x15 build in the very early morning EST --That I have been running since 4/17 and I've had No issue's Hr54 --Nor have any of my HDDVRS Dropped of my Moco Network --which is a first in a very long time.

Reactions: harshness
I have the hr54-700 with c61 clients. I noticed the 5400 rpm drives are a little sluggish at times. I've read reports where people have had the same problems you are having. some claim the 5400 cant keep up. I moved up to a 7200 rpm and things did improve. menu and guide functions were snappy and I experienced no problems. for about the last 30 days or so I've been using a samsung 1TB ssd with zero issues. remote response, guide & menu functions are just as quick as with the 7200 drive. reboot times are quicker with the ssd, but not by much. although in theory 5400 drives should work fine & in most cases people don't have an issue with them, but I'm not a fan of 5400 drives.

I think the 7200 rpm drives are fine. ssd's lifespan is limited to the amount of reads/writes it does. if you go the ssd route get one with the highest tbw rating you can afford. my 860 evo has a 600 tbw. according the the smart data it should last me around 5yrs if not longer with my current viewing. it will likely out live my genie.

i have read so many claims online that the 7200rpm is a worthy upgrade. i found a huge thread over at dbstalk regarding ssd usage. from what i read using a ssd might be the way to go. but like you say it has to have a good tbw rating.

0x14D5-check your date --menu Settings display ---pg down --That is an issue with that build. What you can do is using your remote on the genie --Menu -Search (TYPE) CLEARMYBOX --Search --then Search all.

NOTE: your receiver will reboot and rebuild the software plugins When your TV picture returns it will take 24 to 48 hrs for the full guide and VOD to return. It will fix your issue --also there is 0x15 build in the very early morning EST --That I have been running since 4/17 and I've had No issue's Hr54 --Nor have any of my HDDVRS Dropped of my Moco Network --which is a first in a very long time.

yes that is the software version i have. i finally figured out how to do a software upgrade. ill give that a try during the weeee hours. it takes some practice to get it right on the first try. is there a place where we can view current software known issues?

yes that is the software version i have. i finally figured out how to do a software upgrade. ill give that a try during the weeee hours. it takes some practice to get it right on the first try. is there a place where we can view current software known issues?
www.iamanedgecutter.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)