Hows it working for you?
Any tips for better performance?

Ive had mine since fathers day.
I like it, don't love it.
Quality is just fair.
Im using an IPhone app as opposed to
an Ipad app.:confused:
Strange theres no dedicated iPad app for
this unit. That might be part of the quality issue.

Not having the iPad app is a bit of a drag, but it's not the cause of your quality issues. The video player on the iPad is using the highest quality that the GenieGo file can provide. It's really encoded at roughly SD quality, that's probably what you're seeing.

Not having the iPad app is a bit of a drag, but it's not the cause of your quality issues. The video player on the iPad is using the highest quality that the GenieGo file can provide. It's really encoded at roughly SD quality, that's probably what you're seeing.

Wow. Thanks for detailed answer!

Curios as to why dish sling video
Transfer looks so much better?

I would assume same technology?

I am using the android app, I think the quality is fine.. I am looking for content and ease of use, not HD video quality.
Overall I am very satisfied with the GenieGo.

I am using the android app, I think the quality is fine.. I am looking for content and ease of use, not HD video quality.
Overall I am very satisfied with the GenieGo.

Fair point. No doubt it's easy it use.
I've noticed it does not pick up my recorded
Shows??

Is that normal?

Did you check the Whole Home settings on your HD DVR/Genie to make sure that external devices are set to ALLOW?

Yes there is an allow section on the HR24.. It might not be set to allow access to external devices..

FYI the Genie Go will get remote streaming capability in the next few days. So you will be able to stream recordings from your DVR to a remote client - PC or iPhone, other clients to come.

If you can't see your HR24s and you have enables "external devices" on the whole home menu on them, also check the settings on the nomad app, you can turn individual receivers on and off in the GenieGo app.

If you can't see your HR24s and you have enables "external devices" on the whole home menu on them, also check the settings on the nomad app, you can turn individual receivers on and off in the GenieGo app.

Ok,
So, I read that the Nomad will not see everything on your dvrs.
Vod is not visible. But I have older recovered shows from my HR24s not showing up?
I have enabled my Nomad to see them.
Might give Direc tech a call. Maybe Im missing something? No pun intended..lol

Great new update! Nice to see Direc going after sling...

Last edited:
Was on the phone with Genie Go support about an hour.
My setup is all correct-whole home working perfectly.
the three units I have all see each others playlist.
Everything is enabled properly on units and Genie go
apps on Ipad.

Ipad app will only pull from one Dvr..My HR44.
Im missing about 10 recoding from my other units.
Plus the playlist at times on my iPad just disappears?

Im getting to the point where I might just return this thing.
Just not working as advertised-yet.
Plus, the new outside streaming is a challenge to setup..
You have to change settings in your router..

Dish hopper sling much easier.
I expect better from Direc since they have the best
regular app...

Only other things I can think of for the fact that your HR24s are not showing but the HR44 is:

Are they on the same network, you have a SWM16 I'm assuming? Do the HR24s connect to internet (can they download on-demand successfully)?
Programs you are trying to see are NOT on demand or from an antenna (OTA)?
Enabled external devices in settings on each receiver, and on the settings in the Genie GO app?

That's all I can think of. Try unplugging GenieGo, router, rebooting each receiver and then rebooting router, and last genie-go as a last resort too.

The out of home streaming just started today, my router it was able to do on its own, which supprised me. If yours cannot, check to see if NAT or UPNP are enabled (can't remember which controls auto-config for port forwarding).

Only other things I can think of for the fact that your HR24s are not showing but the HR44 is:

Are they on the same network, you have a SWM16 I'm assuming? Do the HR24s connect to internet (can they download on-demand successfully)?
Programs you are trying to see are NOT on demand or from an antenna (OTA)?
Enabled external devices in settings on each receiver, and on the settings in the Genie GO app?

That's all I can think of. Try unplugging GenieGo, router, rebooting each receiver and then rebooting router, and last genie-go as a last resort too.

The out of home streaming just started today, my router it was able to do on its own, which supprised me. If yours cannot, check to see if NAT or UPNP are enabled (can't remember which controls auto-config for port forwarding).

Thank you..
ill go through those steps. Most of which
Ive done already.

No vod or ota.
Yes all three receivers are able to get on demand
Maybe my Genie Go is a lemon?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)