Genie, Whole Home Not Authorized

Status
Please reply by conversation.

akaRadar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
I am a return sub and had a Genie (HR34-700) and two clients (c31) installed a couple of days ago. While looking at the settings I notice under Settings/Whole-Home/Status it says "Whole-Home DVR Not Authorized" then says call to order. My installer admitted this was only his second install with the new C31 clients. Do I need to call, or is this normal?
Thanks, Bill

Can the C31's see stuff from the HR34?
If so then WHDVR should be set up

I seem too be able to see and play recordings off the HR34 on the C31 OK. One thing I've noticed is I seem to only be able to delete a recording from the HR-34 itself, even if it was started from a client. Maybe that's normal.

as for the "not authorized"...did you look at your account online to see if it shows as selected?

hhhhmmm
since the c31 doesnt have a tuner and is a slave is the whol ehome needed?
if you had another dvr or plain reciever i could see the need, if you wanted to see the hr34

i know when mine was installed, whole home got turned off and the tech had to call to get it back on so the hr24 and hr34 could see each other

I am a return sub and had a Genie (HR34-700) and two clients (c31) installed a couple of days ago. While looking at the settings I notice under Settings/Whole-Home/Status it says "Whole-Home DVR Not Authorized" then says call to order. My installer admitted this was only his second install with the new C31 clients. Do I need to call, or is this normal?
Thanks, Bill

I think you don't have the option enabled on your account, I think it costs extra $3. Once enabled you will be able to do it all from the clients. New customers get it automatically with the pkg, it costs $20 minus discounts.

Thanks for all the replies. I checked my online account and the Whole Home DVR Service has a greyed-out button that says "Not Eligible". It would be nice if it also indicated that from the HR-34 somehow. I think I'm all good.
Thanks again.

You can only delete an HR34 recording from the C31 if you have Whole Home. That's probably a bug, but if you are paying the Advanced Receiver Fee that includes whole home, which is what is confusing everyone. What monthly fee are you paying?

Same here. Mine also says whole home not authorized when it should be. I can see and play things from the clients but can't delete. Guess I'll have to call them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)