Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to SatelliteGuys, we are your DIRECTV news experts. :)

SatelliteGuys has been informed by DIRECTV that the GenieGo is no longer being sold. Anyone who has already ordered one will still receive theirs and those who have one will continue to enjoy theirs as well.

DIRECTV Customers who want to watch programming on their mobile devices can download the DIRECTV app to stream live TV and on-demand content from many of their favorite channels while both in and out of their homes.

Everything?......... I have NHL season pass, would I be able to get those games, or any other extra channels I pay for above the packages?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys, we are your DIRECTV news experts. :)

SatelliteGuys has been informed by DIRECTV that the GenieGo is no longer being sold. Anyone who has already ordered one will still receive theirs and those who have one will continue to enjoy theirs as well.

DIRECTV Customers who want to watch programming on their mobile devices can download the DIRECTV app to stream live TV and on-demand content from many of their favorite channels while both in and out of their homes.
I'm glad I have one already. Will people without a GenieGo ever be able to download shows for "offline" viewing like we can with the GenieGo? I know they were testing the Genie (HR-44, IIRC) to see if it could handle all its normal duties plus providing downloading. Is that about to be rolled out to everyone?

Reactions: cinsu
I contacted DirecTV Customer Service today about the GenieGo. Here is the response:
"It looks like you're wondering about ordering a GenieGO and it's great to hear that you're interested in this equipment! To ensure all of our customers get to experience our latest equipment and technology with our Genie system, we have temporarily ceased sales for the GenieGO to make some exciting changes and improvements to the device. We are implementing new features to the genie go and it will be re-launched this coming year. I'm truly sorry for any inconveniences that this may cause or if there is any interruption in streaming your programming. The great news however, is that the GenieGO will be available soon."

Reactions: clintkirk
The Genie-go capability will be built into the Genie receivers. Not sure if it will be all Genies or some like HR44 and up or HR54 and up, but it will be built in.

What could change is the 'complimentary service'. I believe the Genie Go service was free given the customer had to buy hardware. With no hardware purchase needed, they could add a small fee for the Go capability.

I doubt they will add a fee for this given their competitors do not charge a fee, but they could.

The capability to do Genie-go within the receiver is in the software development/testing phase and likely will come sooner than later given the decision today to stop selling the hardware.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
The Genie-go capability will be built into the Genie receivers. Not sure if it will be all Genies or some like HR44 and up or HR54 and up, but it will be built in.
Yes this is correct, and it has been testing in the CE, but only certain people in the CE have been given the Keyword to enable it. I did have the keyword at one time but can't seem to find it now.

The functionality is not expected to be released until at least the summer.

So with the New Genie Go via the HR44/54, will you be able to take stuff thats on your Play List and load it to a Tablet and watch it without an internet connection ... like when your on a plane ?

Hopefully this will make the system more stable and consistent. I have continuously had issues with the GenieGO not reconnecting to all the DVRs after power or Internet outages. It also isn't found on my network by my tablet all the time. Usually I don't have problems connecting to my DVRs. Now I just need to get an HR-54...

Hopefully this will make the system more stable and consistent. I have continuously had issues with the GenieGO not reconnecting to all the DVRs after power or Internet outages. It also isn't found on my network by my tablet all the time. Usually I don't have problems connecting to my DVRs. Now I just need to get an HR-54...
Yep, same here;

Lots of connectivity issues with my GG (a GG1) as well over the years, especially in the area of using it as a streamer where it doesn't come close to a SlingBox in reliability.

We'll see if this internal one fares any better.

Guess it would make sense to be originally included in the latest Genies this way as TIVO for instance have had their "TIVO Stream" transcoder built in for years now on the Roamio Plus, Pro, and now all Bolt series DVRs.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)