Geosat Pro Micro HD problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

transco

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
[[I can't find the FTA forum. If this post is n the wrong forum, please move it.]

My GeosatPro Micro HD has died. I've tried several power cycles with no effect. When powered-up,the Power LED is green, screen black. After several seconds, the PowerLED flashes red, then back to green. A few seconds after that the opening splash screen appears, then a window showing the current satellite, than back to a black screen. The total time an image shows on the screen is probably about 3 seconds. Just before all this started (i.e. while the receiver was still working properly), I changed the output to receiver output to 1080P (4K TV). I would change it back to 720P, but no idea how to do that in its current condition. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

That is symptomatic of a shorted LNB or coax. Try disconnecting the coax and see if it boots normally.

That is symptomatic of a shorted LNB or coax. Try disconnecting the coax and see if it boots normally.
That's the first thing I thought of, but no shorts found. IN addition, the time to complete a cycle was the same with and without the LNB attached, I had tried a firmware update from satellite and I think that Is what went wrong. I think I am stuck in a "boot loop'. Now the question ism how do I get a new firmware load when I can't control it? I have a Mac so the update app doesn't do me much good.

I don't have a computer with Windows XP or 7 running here anymore, or I would be glad to fix it for you for free.
Perhaps someone here has a machine setup still running an older OS that can help you out.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Where are you from Transco? Maybe there is someone close by that could help you out...

Ke4est, what if you fired up virtual box with windows 7? I would say I would fix but I already know the microhd would sit on my desk for months :( so I don't want to offer. Maybe Eugene at satav would fix for free.

I don't have a computer with Windows XP or 7 running here anymore, or I would be glad to fix it for you for free.
Perhaps someone here has a machine setup still running an older OS that can help you out.

No XP or 7 box??? Jeez, you can't be a "geek" then?? I've got seven desktops with XP and three of those also have Win 7 on them. And I also have two laptops with 7 on them and two with Win 10. All of them are multi-boot systems and they also have Linux on'em. :wink Yeah, I used to run a computer repair service so I collected some junk during that time. :wink You NEVER outgrow your need for................STUFF!

OK so when I bought my first Micro HD, that was back when the boot loop problems had first shown up so I ordered the cable just in case. To date (knock on wood) neither of the two I own have done this so I've never had to use that cable but if no one else will attempt fix his Micro HD, then I'll give it a shot if KE4ST will give me his phone number in case I run into a problem.

How about it Michael?

Reactions: KE4EST
Sounds good. It has been awhile, but I think I can refresh myself to walk you though it........
Speaking though of old machines. I have a stack of laptops here, and wouldn't you know it I DO, have one with XP on it.
Now if I can just find which parts drawer I stuck my recovery cable in. I could do it here as well.

So this gives the OP two options.

BTW I have an out building full of old electronics and computers, etc, etc. I just want to guarantee anything out there. Some has not been fired up in 10 or more years. :)

I just put hands on my cable, still in the original shipping envelope and believe it or not, I had forgotten but I also made a copy of the instructions complete with a picture of how to connect it so if you can't find yours, lemmie know and I'll loan you mine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)