GeoSat PRO MicroHD DVB-S2

Christopherve7alb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Victoria BC
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased the GeoSAT MicroHD and was just getting around to setting it up. I'm trying to scan in the Reuters news service on 113W but can't figure out how to add a DVB-S2 transponder. I've already tried a blind scan and the receiver didn't find the transponder. When I use the menu to add a transponder I can enter frequency, symbol rate and polarity but there's no option to enter DVB or DVB-S2. I tried to enter the parameters as I have them in my AzBox (12046/H/14200) but I just get a quality reading jumping between 0 and 14%

Hopefully someone can assist as I've heard great things about this box and the specs say it will do S2.

FYI...It will find it, if it's there...It's an auto function. It will find DVB, or DVB-S2....

I'm running the software it came with out of the box. The information page says TDV10290-1-0-2-0 and the date looks like 2012-05-25. I will update the firmware and keep my fingers crossed

I just get a quality reading jumping between 0 and 14%
Sounds like the dish need a 'tweak' or a larger dish. It's weak with my 30 inch and non existent on the S9 if there's weather, thick clouds or rain, snow.
(I gotta put the 1 meter in it's place - maybe yet this weekend)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts