GeoSatPro 90cm and Fortec 90cm Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kurtsat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
Antelope, California
I'm thinking about buy another 36" Dish so, I'm still unsure which is better..? Cuz I couldn't find more information or review about GeoSatPro 90cm except Fortec 36". Any advice? :)

Thanks!
Kurt

I have a Fortec 90cm dish and its very nice. Only thing I didnt like was the elevation level is off.

Have it aimed at G10, which for me in MN is 30 elevation and the elevation line is at 25 or so.

I have the SatelliteAV 36" dish VERY strong dish, I had a standard LNB on there and switched to the Invacom QPH-031 fully expecting to have to adjust the elevation because the Invacom LNBF is so heavy. But to my surprise the dish never budged and was still bang on for elevation!

About 2 Minnesota winters and still looks PERFECT :)

Thanks IceBerg and PSB!!

IceBerg, whats your quality level at G10R? also, how about you, PSB?

Oh by the way, Happy Birthday, Iceberg! @party

Thanks again!

Thanks again, PSB.

Sounds like it's more likely for me to get GeoSatPro 36".. But would be cool to know whats the quality result on Fortec 36" @ G10R 11720... I'm planning to go to SatelliteAV shop/warehouse if they will let me buy something instead of shipping me.. Which isn't far from my area! It's only like 10 minutes drive to get there! :)

Thanks,
Kurt

Last edited:
The thing to remember is all receivers don’t read the same quality. Some read low and some read high

On my Fortec 36” 11720 is at
49 on the Pansat 1500 (30 is threshold)
95 on the Pansat 2100 (70 is threshold)
98 on the KUSat (65 is threshold)
70 on then Captiveworks (unknown on threshold)

On my 30” motorized, the Coolsat reads that as 70…63 is the threshold

For me, I believe the Pansat because it has a true meter. It goes from 0-99. Coolsat is 63 minimum 85 or so max, KUsat shows 98 if the signal is a 45 or a 99

If you can pick it up, I'd go that route to save on shipping :)

kurtsat said:
Thanks again, PSB.

Sounds like it's more likely for me to get GeoSatPro 36".. But would be cool to know whats the quality result on Fortec 36" @ G10R 11720... I'm planning to go to SatelliteAV shop/warehouse if they will let me buy something instead of shipping me.. Which isn't far from my area! It's only like 10 minutes drive to get there! :)

Thanks,
Kurt

You are always welcome to stop by! All products are available for local pick-up at MSRP so not to compete against product resellers. Please stop by the service department and introduce yourself.

SatelliteAV said:
You are always welcome to stop by! All products are available for local pick-up at MSRP so not to compete against product resellers. Please stop by the service department and introduce yourself.

Awesome!! I'll stop by your place sometimes in first week of August. Looking forward to meeting you all! :)

Thanks!
Kurt

kurtsat said:
Awesome!! I'll stop by your place sometimes in first week of August. Looking forward to meeting you all! :)

Thanks!
Kurt

If you are just 10 minutes away from SatelliteAV, check out their 1.2 meter dish too that they have for 109.00, I sure do like mine.

Last edited:
Hakkamike said:
If you are just 10 minutes away from SatelliteAV, check out their 1.2 meter dish too that they have for 109.00, I sure do like mine.

Unfortunately, would love to have that but this is where I am living apartment which is allowed to have up 1 meter only.. :( Of course, was hoping, they have 100cm (1m) but only 90cm.

Well, you know what they say, "It's not the size of the dish that matters...". Oh wait, yes it does! :D

I'm sure the 90cm will be great. That's the one that I'm planning to buy.

kurtsat said:
Unfortunately, would love to have that but this is where I am living apartment which is allowed to have up 1 meter only.. :( Of course, was hoping, they have 100cm (1m) but only 90cm.

I bet that the 90cm dish will work great for you:up

Thanks guys! I think it's going to be great to have 90cm than what I have now.. It's iSkyCom satellite dish which I thought it was (36") 90cm but I realized it's only 24"x27" (62cmx72cm).

Kurt

West Coast Suppliers

I need (OK want) a 1 / 1.2 meter or bigger dish but live in the Seattle area and shipping kills me. It seems like most suppliers are a few hundred shipping bucks away.

Any retailer suggestions? Or in BC?

I think Iceberg was suggesting in another thread that you could get the 180cm Fortec Star dish from Sadoun for a decent shipped price because the dish comes apart. Not sure if you need the dish to be motorized though because that might be a limitation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)