GEOSATPro Multi LNBF Mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have this on order.. This looked like a good method.

screenshot.1.jpg

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...-to-5-ku-band-LNB-5-satellite/1840755003.html

I just bought one of these and started setting it up this past week, it's ok, but the aluminum rods are cheap and tightening the bolts to the point where the LNBs will stay put gouges them a bit and makes it hard to adjust. Other than that, it's good, I only have 87W and 97W setup so far. I'm planning on replacing the rods that came with it with some solid stainless.

When/if I need to make multifeed I go to any Homedepot-like store and buy cheap galvanized stuff. And then just put everything together. Pipe clamps also available for 60mm pipes. :bday
easyfeed.JPG

Reactions: . Raine and fred555
Could the GEOSat Pro SPLL2 LNB be a problem with spacing on the new SES3 Satellite.

Skew was definitely an issue with the old sat for me using an SL2PLL on 97W and 103 W as there was not enough room to line them up given the oddball skew on 103W. I would suspect the new sat and its proper skew would eliminate that issue for me on a 90cm dish.
\| <-- They would hit at the bottom like this before correct skew was achieved for either sat, before the new sat came into service.

Last edited:
Rotating the LNBF 180 degrees (with the F-fitting pointed upwards) and the skew could have been set without contacting the adjacent LNBF housing. :)

I was worried about rain entering the housing and connectors with the inverted setup.
I imagine some rubber electrical tape would have solved that issue.
I am sure I will retry 97W/103W again soon now the new sat is in service.

This is a old thread, but I was outside taking pictures of my C dish today and took a picture of the multi-LNB mount that I'd bought a while back, it's on a 30'' DS2076. Center LNB is 87W, then 97W and 103W. Getting 103W was a real PITA, as you can see in the picture, the LNB is crammed right against the one for 97W.

P1010098.JPG

Reactions: danristheman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)