GEOSATPro Multi LNBF Mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

perazzimx15l

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
Usa
I Bought a GEOSATPro Multi LNBF Mount and i was wondering on how to mount it because the instructions that came with it is very vauge. Do you bend the mount or drill to mount it and i have two of the and want to do a four satellite setup and does any one have pictures with this product mounted. I have having a hard time trying to get 97W and 103W at the same time is this possible and i am trying to get 87W and 89W as well.

Never had one of there multi-mounts. There is a PDF download on their site with info on what to do with it.
Doubt you will get 87 and 89. You will need at least 4 deg separation between birds.

It s meant to be used with their 90cm dish and is a direct bolt-on for that dish. I have one but have not used it. I have done 97w and 103w on a multi lnb setup using a different mount and it is tricky and takes a while to get it right. Its not easy. There is an excellent post I cant find right now where someone used electrical conduit clamps in a multi lnb setup that was quite nice.

The GEOSATpro 4 degree dual LNBF rotating clamp is a unique and exclusive design developed by Satellite AV to be specifically matched with 2 - GEOSATpro SL2 Bullet LNBFs and the GEOSATpro 90cm Satellite Dish or equivalent OEM dish manufactured by Azure Shine. This special bracket allows for precise placement of two LNBFs to optimize reception from two satellites. Perfect for receiving the international Lao / Thai channels from both satellites SES1 and Galaxy19 or any other two satellites separated by 4 degrees using a single dish!

Fred555 and K4Est, this is not the all plastic mount this is the one that is metal with 2 LNBF Holders. i will post a copy of the .PDF file and can anyone tell me if this is exclusive only with the GEOSATPro/Glorystar dish. My dish is the old Pansat/AzureShine deal and do i have to buy a new dish.

Attachments

• Offset_LNBF_Mount_Lores.pdf
    405 KB · Views: 261
I have not seen that one before. It looks like it says it can be used with "off brand" dishes, so it seems to be a universal fit.
It is hard to make out the level of adjustability using the pictures in the pdf.
Note: This adjustable bracket can also provide dual reception with
off-brand dishes not supported with the Glorystar 4° Dual LNBF Rotating Bracket solution.

Make the center lnbf point to 103W (since it is harder to receive) and the one off to the side point to 97W.
Facing the dish the 97W lnbf will be on the left of center.

I did the same setup once. I peaked for 103W using the adjustments on the dish then locked down elevation and azimuth, then peaked for 97W using the bracket's adjustments. I also had to rotate the 97W lnbf a little toward center. Some brackets may or may not allow for this. The best homemade brackets I have seen here have full adjustability on all axies. I like a system where each lnbf can be adjusted separately. For Example, the plastic Glorystar bracket, the adjustments are not really independent of each other.

On the multi-lnb setups on my 90cm I have attempted, I always try to use existing holes in the arm if possible. My 90cm dish plus shipping costs makes it my most expensive dish, more so than my 10ft Winegard! So I am less willing to drill into it. You may have to drill however, I'm not sure.

This is a good setup to start off with and if you have good luck then try adding more sats.

Edit: Is this the one you are talking about? If so I have used this one.

metal.png

Last edited:
If anyone is wondering what it looks like i have some pictures to go with this thread and i you can get it for for less than $25.00 and most FTA Satellite online retailers.

Attachments

• 100_0066.JPG
    100_0066.JPG
    662.8 KB · Views: 429
  • 100_0067.JPG
    100_0067.JPG
    654.8 KB · Views: 347
  • 100_0068.JPG
    100_0068.JPG
    630.1 KB · Views: 294
See above, That is the one I used on a GeosatPro 90cm without drilling. it was not that easy to setup. It looks like some of the homemade brackets on this site with full independent adjustability in all directions would be easier to setup, but yes you would have to build it first.

It seemed I was not able to get all transponders on the offset lnbf with this setup easily. I peaked to Retro TV but then KTV2 and others were weak. I scrapped it when I was able to get Cozi on C Band and got bored with the News feeds on 103W. Went back to a 97W only setup for that dish. I just ran out of time and patience.

But you may have more patience and better luck than I did. There are plenty of others here running four or more LNBfs on a single dish. That bracket will let you get your feet wet and Its always fun to try, like fishing.

Yes that is the one I was referring to, that I said had the PDF file on their site.

My memory is coming back. My issue was I was using GeosatPro Sl2PLLs. Even with 6 degree separation and mostly due to the funky skew on 103W, there was not enough room between them to get the skews correct. It was a compromise. A different lnb such as the bullet shaped ones probably would have worked fine. If I would have waited another month or two with the new sat coming at 103W with proper skew my setup would have worked too.
14037.jpg

I also used the original LNBf holder that came with the dish for the center and used the bracket with only one of the included holders for 97W.

Last edited:
I have one of these ordered, don't think this one would fit the Geosat Pro dish but like Fred was saying about the homemade ones, it looks like it can be adjusted in quite a few different ways. I think that I may have to change out the rod on it though, for proper spacing.

Amazon product ASIN B00R97DZ6S

I have tried with and without the LNBF holder and could not get nothing but i could get 103W on it's own. Would this mount work on the newer GEOSATPro 90CM dish mine is the older Azure Shine from Pansat.

Yes it will, but like others have said it is not plug and play, just take your time and be patient. What I do is hold the lnbf in my hand and move it around watching my meter till I find a starting place. Then you can mount or move the holder to that spot and fine tune.

I know that this is an old post, but looking at the posted pics and having had experience with multi-LNB holders for Ku band, was wondering if anyone has tried fitting a small actuator arm to an LNB and rotating it at small increments so it can swivel right and left, focusing on different points of the dish? Of course, right and left direction are not the only concern, as the LNB needs to be rotated at different vertical angles.

Might be a case of reinventing the wheel, but nonetheless interesting. All Electronics Supply sells mini-actuators, just a matter of machining a jig to do that.

Even better would be to use a wireless servo, like on those robots/model airplanes to turn the LNB.....

In would think it would have to move along a track. Look at a dish with multi lnbs, draw a line through the focal points and that would represent the line a single lnb would have to move in to pick up the arc. Interesting concept.

Reactions: spongella
Not very practical as the performance falls off at approx. +/-15-20 degrees. If the track followed the arc EL, two servos would be needed to position the AZ and the skew. Seems to be a lot of work for 30-40 degrees of the arc. :)

This concept is used with many large radio telescopes. The reflector is fixed while the feed is positioned over the parabola. Several years ago I visited the Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico and was amazed by the scale of everything. Be neat to take the feedhorn for a ride!

Several years ago I visited the Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico and was amazed by the scale of everything. Be neat to take the feedhorn for a ride!

I forgot all about Arecibo and the moving feed.

The IRTE Multisat was (is?) just such a thing, a motorized LNB positioner moving an LNB along a track to pick up more than one satellite without moving the dish.

http://milano.bakeca.it/dettaglio/tv-video/motore-per-ricevere-fino-zi85102600281

http://www.irte.it/B/a_csat.htm

Can't really tell if there are any adjustments for LNB skew or to line the bar up on the arc (or whether have to skew the dish for the arc, like you do on an elliptical dish). But, when you consider that the FTA satellites in Europe are quite a bit stronger than those here, there certainly is more leeway for the LNB not to be spot on (unlike here).

The IRTE Multisat has been around a while (don't know if they are still being made or not), as I recall see it back in 2006 around the same time as I built my own LNB positioner to move an LNB between 72W and 74W (mine was built from a hacked up/gutted/modified old CD ROM drive, powered by a model railway transformer, you can see it in my avatar).

Reactions: fred555
Thanks for the input guys. Well I'd be satisfied with a spread of 15 degrees or so, and that Italian product is just what I was alluding to. Great idea.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)