GEOSATpro geosatpro1200

deerfoot

Original poster
Jul 14, 2014
I just purchased a new geosat pro 1200,After setting a pole and making sure the pole was plumbed I set up the dish and receiver with a small tv at the dish. I am trying to get the thai channels that I have read is on G19. I am recieveing the glory star net work which I am also told is on G19,after going back to factory default I am getting signal reading of 80% and a quality reading of 65% but the receiver will not do a blind scan and there is no picture. I have a universal lnbf 9.75/10.6 gh and rg6 cable with compression connectors. I am missing something or these channels are not on the same satellite as I have read but I cant seem to find any other satelites and I have rechecked the elevation and skew with two sites on the net and tried adjusting both. Here is the info on the screen I live in Guntersville,al 35976 thanks for any help.

Ku19
transponder 1182/22000 h
nit off
scan mode off
scan select single

I solved my on problem,back years ago I as a side hobby set up ten ft. C band system . To solve my problem I did as I had to do with some of those, simpley reboothed to factory and waited 10 mintues after the unit said it was back to factory defaults, works great now.

Deerfoot,
When you first setup your receiver did you select the Glorystar or Hobby-FTA option?
I believe to view other sats you must select the Hobby-FTA option.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys, Deerfoot!

Like Jorgek said, the 1200 has two modes, Glorystar only or FTA and in Glorystar mode I think it will only view the Glorystar content.
The transponder frequency you have listed, 1182, is C band, but from your numbers for your LNB, [universal lnbf 9.75/10.6 g] it looks like your LNB is Ku band . If your LNB is Ku, you wont be able to receive that transponder. Transponder numbers with four digits are C Band and ones with five digits are Ku.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)