How to restore a Nano SE Premium

Mesels

Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
North America
Hi All,

I picked up a used Nano Se Premium yesterday. i know the software has been altered. Does anyone know how I can put the receiver back to the original factory settings etc A step by step approach would be great

Thanks

Mesels

Yep that box is geared toward the hacker, so I am sure it is full of crap. I have never had one, but I suggest using Google. I looked around and found a couple of places and some videos on setting it up for true FTA.
I don't want to post the links here, because some of them take you to places that tell you how to hack as well as how to use it for true FTA.
When you get it figured out, I'd be curious to hear how well it works, with out the eye patch firmware in it.

Sometimes the altered software works better than the factory. However i would start with a factory default. Then a hard boot.
c/p
1. Nanosat Nano Premium is the easiest STB to use
2. Copy the latest Factory S/W to your USB after S/W had been extracted or unzipped from your computer
3. Insert USB flash drive to your STB
4. Your STB will automatically detects your USB port and a pop up window will display (Nanosat Nano Premium has an option for “USB Auto Detect” option which you can turn it ON or OFF). Just give it a few seconds
5. Select the S/W you want to upgrade
6. Select “Boot Loader” option and click OK
7. A pop up window will ask to “Reboot” you STB, please click OK
8. Please do a “Factory Default” after the above step is done

The lastest file i can find is 7.09

Hi Guys,

I did not restore my receiver back to factory setting just yet but for the fun of it I tried hooking it up to my 10" dish and connected to my 922 receiver. I would park my 10' at a sat and then select my settings on the FTA and something is not right because when I scan a sat I get very little results or no results at all. Now I have my switches setup according to what I found at Sadouns site. I know its a setting but what. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Mesels

Not at all familiar with a Nano,but a few ?'s.
Does the Nano do an actual blind scan or is it just scanning whatever is preprogrammed into the box?
Are you using an LNB/polarotor or an LNBF?
If an LNBF is it set up correctly,the 922 should be set for lnbf,rotated 90'.If not rotated 90' the lnbf is 90' off of where it should be.

yes the Nano does a Blind scan I get a signal reading on the Nano nut no quality signal. On my 10' dish I have a dual feed horn C band and KU. I have two boxes on my fta setup related to diSEqc I can choose 1 through 4 or auto and another diSEqc setting but the choices are Unformatted 1 through Unformatted 60. Now the receiver was altered with 3rd party software. I bought the receiver used

Okay it does blind scan.But the other question,is it a C/Ku LNBF or separate C and Ku lnb's with the little motor that changes polarity?
Just for initial testing hook the C or Ku coax directly to the Nano,no splitters or switches.Make sure LNB power is set to ON in the Nano and the LO (local oscillator) is set to 5150 for C band or 10750 for Ku.If you are using a polarotor you will still have to change polarity with the 922.

Ok well I just tried scanning W5 Sat for fun and yes I did get some channels but not much showed up on the scan. I m using the Nano SE Premium it says its HD but Im wondering if its not . Can someone confirm

Thanks

Mesels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)