GeoStat 200 reciever review and C Band setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alemmoe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
pottstown,pa
Iceberg gave a great review of the GeoStat 200 receiver.
I bought three GeoStats, one 1100 and two 200s two years ago from GloryStar and love them.They are very user friendly for a beginner.
The support is terrific on the GloryStar Channel Package, but they do not give any support beyond that for the Hobbyist setup.
Is the receiver, that you tested different from my receivers, because NEW receiver was mentioned ?
How do you lockout the password ,I cannot find how to do it?
I want to get a Sadoun 6’ dish and use my geoStats receiver for C /KU band for getting FTA. The C Band is new territory for me.
I would like to get a motorized dish, but my South Dish setup position is hidden by neighbors trees.
Can a motorized Dish be setup without the South position in site?
Will my GeoStat move the 6’ Dish and if so, What brand and model of mover and anything else do I need to buy to move it?
I have access to a free 8’ mesh Dish, but my wife is against a Dish of that size.
I understand , that with the 6’ Dish, I will lose signal during stormy weather.
Please recommend what brand and model of LNBs with dual coxial leads to use, like a KU/C LNB or just use a individual C Band LNB in normal position and put the KU on the side on a offset bracket.
Thanks in advance

Need Help Choosing What C Band Equipment To buy

I am ready to set up my first C band and need some HELP with some questions.
I have two 100c GeoStats pros and a 1100c for KU band.

ICEBERG; How do you lockout the password on a 100c ,I cannot find how to do it?
I want to get a 6’ dish and use my geoStats receiver for C band for getting FTA. The C Band is new territory for me.

Will my GeoStat move the Motorized 6’ Dish the 225 Feet from the house? if no, What brand and model of mover and anything else do I need to buy to move it?.

I have access to a free 8’ mesh Dish, which do I Choose 6' or 8.'

I assume that my Geostat will not be compatable to work with a Chapperal LNB on the 8' dish? Right?
What friendly Reciever, Type and model do I Choose for the 8' dish?

Please recommend what brand and model of LNBs with dual coxial leads to use, like a KU/C LNB or just use a individual C Band LNB.
Thanks

I bought three GeoStats, one 1100 and two 200s two years ago from GloryStar and love them.They are very user friendly for a beginner.
The support is terrific on the GloryStar Channel Package, but they do not give any support beyond that for the Hobbyist setup.
Is the receiver, that you tested different from my receivers, because NEW receiver was mentioned ?
not really
The 1100 is basiucally a DVR version of a 200. The 200 has a USB port but only good for channel updates. The 1100 is a full blown DVR through the USB port

How do you lockout the password ,I cannot find how to do it?
menu
scroll to options
scroll down to security (press ok)
enter passowrd (0000)
turn parental lock (if you want) and install lock to OFF

Then you wont need to use the password when setting up sats etc

I want to get a Sadoun 6’ dish and use my geoStats receiver for C /KU band for getting FTA. The C Band is new territory for me.
I would like to get a motorized dish, but my South Dish setup position is hidden by neighbors trees.
Can a motorized Dish be setup without the South position in site?
yes but its harder to set up without the true south especially a C-band dish

Will my GeoStat move the 6’ Dish and if so, What brand and model of mover and anything else do I need to buy to move it?
yes and no. The receiver wont move a C-Band dish on its own like it can a KU dish. You need a VBox like this
Sadoun Powertech GBOX V3000 Positioner DiSEqC 1.2 Compatible

Your receiver would send commands to the V-Box which would move the actuator.

I have access to a free 8’ mesh Dish, but my wife is against a Dish of that size.
I understand , that with the 6’ Dish, I will lose signal during stormy weather.
not on C-Band. I have 2 of them and I have never lost during downpours and had about 6 inches of snow on it once....sure the signal dropped down from 75 to 65 but still stable. Maybe a weak feed would do that (lose signal) but not a strong one

Iceberg, Sorry, I was having a senior moment on the first post. I really have two 100s,not 200s.
Thanks, I locked the password.
I have just found a man, who sold and installed big buds in the past, but no more.
If I get all the parts, he will do the motorized dish point for me as long as I keep it off the roof.
Since, I do not understand the difference between the different shaped dishes and compatible LNBs, could you recommend a Specific name of a 6’ dish and the matching c/ku LNB # and to be used with my GeoStats receiver, based on your understanding and experience of different system setups for my area for my area in Eastern, Pa .
Also, do I understand that you are saying, I will not need a G box to use my GeoStat and 6’ dish with cable running 225’.but I will need it if I go with the 8’ Bud . Right?
Thanks

you will need the G-Box/V-Box regardless of dish size unless the dish is fixed. If you plan on motorizing that dish you need the V/G Box to move it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)