Get 30th Anniversary Trade-In

theoak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
So I logged into my Dish account today. I rarely do ... maybe once a month.

I like to see if I have any "offers".

I never do ... :(

Anyway I noticed "Get 30th Anniversary Trade-In". I have not seen it mentioned here before, so I thought I would post.

I am not sure if folks have different expiry dates.

FYI:

We hope you have been enjoying your 30th Anniversary Starz programming. This offer is scheduled to continue through 1/31/12, at which time it will be removed from your account.
If you would like to trade in the remainder of this programming offer for 6 months of Starz at half price, you can do so by agreeing to the terms and conditions below. If you do not want to trade-in your offer, no further action is required. This offer expires on 1/31/2012 and must be accepted by this date.

You know these offers are all well and good, but I have two issues with them. First if a customer doesn't have an online account or isn't online then they are not aware of these offeres and second what about the person like me who has all the movie channels now? We always get short changed. :(

You know these offers are all well and good, but I have two issues with them. First if a customer doesn't have an online account or isn't online then they are not aware of these offeres and second what about the person like me who has all the movie channels now? We always get short changed. :(
Isn't there a flash screen when turning to a Starz channel that refers to this offer?

When I canceled my hbo they offered me hbo and cinemax for $16 I said no thanks and then tjey offered hbo for $8...this was with a csr so it depends on who you get I guess

I rarely go "live" to any channel now ... it is usually always a recording.
Yeah... I rarely ever read the flash screens. I know they are there, just don't read them.
ashutto20 said:
When I canceled my hbo they offered me hbo and cinemax for $16 I said no thanks and then tjey offered hbo for $8...this was with a csr so it depends on who you get I guess
Sounds like I should give Dish a call to cancel HBO and Cinemax when the offer ends and see if they toss out a discount. Wouldn't expect it, but wouldn't hurt... assuming they don't goof it up, but we have DIRT now to watch our backs. :)

Isn't there a flash screen when turning to a Starz channel that refers to this offer?

Really don't know as myself I rarely if ever watch the premium channels, they are there because the wife insists on having them though she doesn't watch them that often either. Think that she just wants them so she can inflate her number when she says we have X channels and there's never anything to watch on them!!! OK dear let's drop some channels. NO!!!! :eek: My point was if a customer already has a premium channel that is being promoted as in this case X number of months half off then the existing customer should get some sort of credit. Using this promo as an example. A customer could get starz for 6 months at half price, which is the same as 3 free months. Why not give current subs say 1 month credit or 1.5 months?

I know these promos are meant to bring in new subs, but those of us who pay top dollar month after month after year after year would appreciate a little thank you every now and again. Sure we could drop current packages add the promo but come on who is that helping? It's work on our part, might effect packages we've had for lord knows how long and does dish really want to pay csr's to continually modify the packages of existing subs so that they can get spiffs?

I know these promos are meant to bring in new subs, but those of us who pay top dollar month after month after year after year would appreciate a little thank you every now and again.
You mean like giving the customers free Starz for a year or something like that?

You mean like giving the customers free Starz for a year or something like that?

Was speaking more of the current promo where a customer that does not have Starz is getting it as a free preview, but can take advantage of a promo to get it for 6 months at half price effectively 3 months for free. So couldn't we give those who have Starz some sort of a thank you as well. Myself I pay $150 per month for Dish service and have all premium movie channels. I've been with Dish for years, I don't think offering your better customers something now again again is an earth shaking idea.

Well, let's see, I got Starz free for a year. Got three months of HBO and three months of Showtime for free. Oh, and got NFL Redzone free. Yeh, Dish really ignored me.:rolleyes:

Well, let's see, I got Starz free for a year. Got three months of HBO and three months of Showtime for free. Oh, and got NFL Redzone free. Yeh, Dish really ignored me.:rolleyes:

Yea about four months ago I got the offer to exchange my 30th Anniversary Free Starz for one year to 3 months of HBO and Cinemax,so I had to wait until I had 3 months of Starz left to go before I switched over.I'm ignored too.;):D

Correct me if I'm wrong here but Starz for a year and HBO/Showtime for 3 months sounds like the deal for new Dish customers, or are you saying you got those offers as a current dish subscriber? I have the America's everything package which is no longer even an offering, but includes all premium movie channels. Now from time to time I see offers for existing customers to add this or that for a discounted price for x period of time. Now in this case I get no such offer unless I'm going to drop a package then add it back at the promo price etc, etc, etc. All I'm saying here is toss a bone every now and again to those who can not really take advantage of these other savings.

The original poster said this was in his offers in his online account. If I login to mine and check my offers, as is the case 99.99% of the time, there is nothing.

[h=2]My Offers[/h]

[h=3]Programming[/h]
Start DateEnd DateUpon End Date1

1 Because we send your statements 15 days before the start of each service period, you may still see a service that you've selected Do Not Subscribe on the statement following the expiration date. In that event, please pay your due amount and you will automatically be credited for that service on your following statement.
[h=3]Rebates[/h]
StatusRedeemedExpires
Sling Adapter $99 RebateRedeemed08/19/11-

So yes I feel ignored. Am I going to leave Dish? No, I'm happy with picture quality, channel selections, and customer service in no small part thanks to the DIRT is fantastic, it's just that with the amount of money I send Dish's way each month I'd like a little love as well, I'm not asking for a ring and till death do us part, but a little peck on the cheek and and I love you now and again would be nice. ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong here but Starz for a year and HBO/Showtime for 3 months sounds like the deal for new Dish customers, or are you saying you got those offers as a current dish subscriber? I have the America's everything package which is no longer even an offering, but includes all premium movie channels. Now from time to time I see offers for existing customers to add this or that for a discounted price for x period of time. Now in this case I get no such offer unless I'm going to drop a package then add it back at the promo price etc, etc, etc. All I'm saying here is toss a bone every now and again to those who can not really take advantage of these other savings.

The original poster said this was in his offers in his online account. If I login to mine and check my offers, as is the case 99.99% of the time, there is nothing.

[h=2]My Offers[/h]

[h=3]Programming[/h]
Start DateEnd DateUpon End Date1

1 Because we send your statements 15 days before the start of each service period, you may still see a service that you've selected Do Not Subscribe on the statement following the expiration date. In that event, please pay your due amount and you will automatically be credited for that service on your following statement.
[h=3]Rebates[/h]
StatusRedeemedExpires
Sling Adapter $99 RebateRedeemed08/19/11-

So yes I feel ignored. Am I going to leave Dish? No, I'm happy with picture quality, channel selections, and customer service in no small part thanks to the DIRT is fantastic, it's just that with the amount of money I send Dish's way each month I'd like a little love as well, I'm not asking for a ring and till death do us part, but a little peck on the cheek and and I love you now and again would be nice. ;)

You need to keep more in touch around here. We actually are an ELITE (when if comes to asking/getting ) group and do get some good deals. But you need to BE HERE on a regular basis to find out what and when. Dish is not going to be knocking on your door.

You need to keep more in touch around here. We actually are an ELITE (when if comes to asking/getting ) group and do get some good deals. But you need to BE HERE on a regular basis to find out what and when. Dish is not going to be knocking on your door.

Again you miss my point. I am here maybe not always posting but reading, learning and sharing when I can. I have had members of DIRT here help me out and save me money as well. Why though must I feel like a begger? Why not using the 6 months of Starz as an example automatically add some credit to existing Starz subscribers, or maybe those who subscribe and are no longer under commitment. Yes those who have found their way here are far better off than those who have not, so basically what you are saying is new customers give them a deal, those who have found Sat Guys we're elite so give us a deal, everyone else poo on them.

Now I know the chances of this happening are slim to none and this is more a rant than anything else. Wouldn't it be nice though if companies treated their customers this way? I remember back when Adelphia was still in the cable business. Had service from them, again with all premiums (hmm perhaps if I just dropped the wife from my service package, then this would be a moot point :D ) when they ran a promo they would also kick a credit to existing subscribers of whatever the promo might be. Even when HBO et al had a free weekend they would kick you a credit if that channel was on your account. Perhaps that's why they are no longer in business, I''m sure the embezzlement had nothing to do with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)