Get a load of this

Status
Please reply by conversation.
btw it's Palm Springs, CA

Waivers in Palm Springs don't work like the rest of the country and the CSR's don't know the rules because they have not been told.

Quoted from here:
FR Doc 05-24080

``Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a satellite carrier may
not carry the signal of a television station into an adjacent local
market that is comprised of only a portion of a county, other than to
unserved households located in that county.'' In the NPRM, we said this
provision applies only to the DMAs of Palm Springs and Bakersfield,
because they are the only DMAs that appear to satisfy the definition.

This language effectively eliminates the granting of waivers by the local stations in Palm Springs.

Talk about dirty business,I called D* yesterday to ask about what promotions they are running for new customers,and D* tried to tell me that with D* HD access I would get every HD channel available. I said WHAT? She said for $25 dollars per month with E*,you can get more for $9.99 per month with D*. I said hold up. First off Thats a lie Flat out! Second, E* HD pack is $20,not 25 and you can receive 37 out of 38 HD channels with there $29.99 package.With D* your channel count goes buy your base package..SO i asked ,How many HD channels do I get with Dish family,70?? ,She goes " did you just call to tell me how great Dishnetwork is" I said no I just call to see if you would lie to an Existing cutomer of 5 years? I said have a good day !. I got a phone call not even 40 minutes later from CEO's office apoligizing up a storm. They just happend to tape my phone call,Which by the way they don't always do ,but can at anytime. He said they been working with the CSR's to give then the right info,but its a slow process. I was mad as well I told him,I called for a simple promotion Question and got an ear full of BS. So now I don't have to pay for HD for 1 year. Funny how this all worked out.Still Love you D* Keep giving me free stuff and I'll look the other way.:eek: But E* does the same thing with the bad mouthing,I just haven't caught them in a real lie yet.
LOL story sounds like you just made it up but W/E.

You obviously are new here if you started a whole thread dedicated to complaining about something a CSR said.... you learn after a while not to ever believe them - go back and look at some of the threads around the first launch of the new HD channels.

Doesn't make it right, but they are completely clueless and anything they say should be taken with a grain of salt, to say the least.

LOL story sounds like you just made it up but W/E.
It would sound false to someone who can't handle hearing the truth.But I'm not shocked by your responce,I could tell by your first post that what ever provider you have could never have any faults from time to time.D* is far from being saints,So is E* but atleast I can admit it!

Doesn't make it right, but they are completely clueless and anything they say should be taken with a grain of salt, to say the least.
I know that,and you know that,and 95,000 people from Satellite guys know that. But what about the 15.9 million other D* customers? If you think that people should know better then to ask a CSR of the largest satellite provider in the USA because they give false information? That doesn't strike you as being a strange? I'd say something should change then.

Just for some clarification on this matter. Did all the local denial start this past summer or spring when Fox??? wasn't reaping windfalls from someone on the east coast watching a west coast channel? and cried because they were supposedly losing advertising revenue? or am I butting in a S>>> storm that has nothing to do with local denial. Second, what happens if you were to record the phone conversation and tell the CSR the conversation is being recorded. You are promised the world and you sign up for service. You have a recorded conversation of exactly what is promised and the end result does not match what you were promised or what you expected. Will D* or even E* make good what the CSR promised or will you be refunded and black listed?
I'm not trying to be a smart ass here but am curious why the locals are so adamant about blocking channels and what recourses do you have if you were promised the world?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)