Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Anyone get any good games this Xmas?

I got:

Rock Band: AC/DC
Call of Duty: World at War

The latter I was truly not expecting. My wife and I went to my aunt's house for Xmas dinner and they ended up getting us both a few gifts. I felt like such a jerk because we didn't get them anything, although we at least brought over some wine. Anyways my aunt gives me a gift that I figure is a DVD, and I see it's CoD and I almost pooped myself.

I got Mushroom Men for the Wii. Yes I requested it.

My son got Mirrors Edge (360) and Chrono Trigger (DS).

My daughter received Viva Pinata 2 (360) and Rayman (Wii).

Bought my oldest son a PSP 3000 and a few games. Youngest son got some games for his DS. LBP for the PS3 was the only console game under the tree this year. We're having a blast with it. I need to get a 3rd controller so we can all play.

I got Prince of Persia and the Simpson's Game for PS3. Due to the limited time I have for gaming, I've opted to return Simpson's as I'll likely pick up the new Lord of the Rings or Bioshock in the next couple of months.

Bought myself COD: WoW. Great game so far, the single player mode right now I feel is better than Modern Warfare. Haven't tried online yet but I hear Modern Warfare has the advantage in that department.

bought myself a late Christmas present today, Fallout 3 - $40 at Target. VERY glad I did.

I got Fallout 3 as one of the presents from my sister. I just started playing last night and so far I like it. It is very different from any game I've played before. I have a feeling that this could take some serious time to play.

I got Fable II and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. I started with SW:TFE since I knew it was the shorter of the two games. I like the story, but as a game it has it's flaws. Still, the story is pretty good and it's a nice bridge between the prequels and the original movies.

Little Big Planet, which I'm liking more and more the deeper I get into it.

I'm not usually a big online gamer, but with this game it's so seamless and easy that you can't help getting into it. Great game, great community experience, lots of fun and almost limitless possibilities...

CoD is quite good. I never knew that Jack Bauer served in the war before I played it!

I really don't want the movies in the games. Can't stand them. I just want to play the game not watch a dumb movie. If I wanted a movie I would have put in a 2 hour DVD. I understand it's about the story line. But I can really care less... I just want to play. I just A.D.D. right through the movies ;)

The best thing I think I got for Christmas was 2 weeks off work, to actually sit down a play a few of the games I own.

Last edited:
Our son got COD, Band of Brothers, Fable II, Fallout, Dead Space, Left4Dead, End War, and a couple more I can't remember. Glad I made him write them down. :) We also got him the cymbals for RB2, and new drum sticks. He loves that game. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)