No more trailers on PSN store?

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
Anyone know why there are no more theatrical trailers on the PlayStation store these days? The old ones are still out there, but I haven't seen any new ones added since the summer.

Or, a secondary question would be, anyone know a good way to get HD trailers downloaded on the PS3 now that they're not on the store anymore?

I tried a quick Google and didn't come up with anything worthwhile...

Aren't trailers usually available when accessing BD Live content? They probably take just as long to download, though the selection might be more limited.

Aren't trailers usually available when accessing BD Live content? They probably take just as long to download, though the selection might be more limited.

This is what I was thinking too... by them not offering them on the PSN, they can probably say the content is exclusive to BD-Live...

Good observation though, absent movie trailers you lose a substantial chunk of 'show-off' content.

Ah... I haven't even tried to play with any of the BD-Live stuff yet, even though I do have a couple of discs that are capable of it - I'll have to give that a try.

Ah... I haven't even tried to play with any of the BD-Live stuff yet, even though I do have a couple of discs that are capable of it - I'll have to give that a try.

Bd live trailers are slower to download. And I still see trailers in the PSN store.

Huh... guess I missed those.

Still doesn't seem like there are nearly as many (or nearly as many good ones, anyway) as there used to be, does it?

Sony Pictures hasn't had that many hits this year. But those that were good, such as Quantum of Solace, are up there.

I guess that's the Mr. Obvious moment for me, then... it's only Sony trailers.

Now I feel stupid, but hey, it's not the first time.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect otherwise. If they really want people to take the PSN seriously as a device to get media/movies from, only having Sony trailers is as absurd as only having MS demos on the Live since it's a MS service.

So... only Sony trailers IMO is a sign of either paranoia, or the lack of any ability to get deals done to get that advertising on their network... either way, some kind of fail or incompetence here, there should be a ton of content like that.

Now that I think about it, though, I don't think that's always been the case - The Dark Knight, Kung Fu Panda, Star Trek, and several others were on there last year - none of those are Sony flicks, as far as I know...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts