Playstation Home Beta

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
Got an email form the Playstation Underground that I have been selected to participate in the Playstation Home beta program. Anyone else get one of these?

They promised it would be out this year, so we'll all be in soon. What were you expecting from it hbk409 that made it miss the mark, just doesn't wow you, or give you that 'multiple years in development' feel?

Looking forward to messing with it when it does finally come out. I don't think a lot of people realize some of the touted features were dropped though like sharing video online in your space.

thats one of them, plus if you goto the mall you cant go into the store just say nothing avail. I was hoping for a place you could goto to show your trophies, kind of like a trophy room. there is none

It is pretty boring right now. The mall is empty, none of the stores have anything. so your stuck with the basic everything. All the things you see on youtube are not available. (different houses, etc) You only have a couple pieces of furniture, clothes. the theater shows a SOCOM trailer. Basically, you can walk around and watch a bunch of people dancing in bubble machines.

I just got my invite a few minutes ago. They want me to login tonight.

Unfortunately I got to drive tonight to Queens and deliver a truckload of turkeys (my wife voulenteered me for this one)

Got my invitation today too. Connected in and played around a bit. The arcade games were kind of lame except the classic ice breaker clone. The pool game wasn't too bad either. The bowling lanes were full up so I haven't had a chance to try that yet. As others said a bit boring right now, but shows potential.

-Mike

Downloaded, installed, then waited for it to reserve 3gb of HDD space, then created a character then waited for it to download one area, and it wouldnt let me travel there, so downloaded the rest, and it wont let me travel anywhere. Logged out, may not mess with it again.

I've never played second life, but this is about what i'd expect from it. Will mess with it later after the stress test and see if I can get better results, but disappointed is an understatement.

I was screwing around with it last night, and so far I don't like it. What good is it to walk around and dance?

Anyone hoping for an XBOX Live type experiance on the PS3 are going to be really disappointed.

I only own one game on my PS3, and that Madden 07.

Any other game I play on it, I download the demos, play them until I am bored and save myself $60 for each of them. :)

I only own one game on my PS3, and that Madden 07.

Any other game I play on it, I download the demos, play them until I am bored and save myself $60 for each of them. :)
Metal Gear Solid 4 may be worth splurging $60 for, or Bioshock if you didn't get it for the 360, although it may be better to get the 360 version as it is probably cheaper at this point.

I think there's a demo for MGS4, but I'd rent/try that before buying it. I let the hype get to me, and I've spent all of 15 minutes in the game since release day. Just couldn't get into it. Will try it again im sure and enjoy it, but the style of gameplay and the cutscene every 2 minute mentality just gave me such a bad taste it's sat in it's case ever since.

Home rumored to be out 12/17 btw, and Sony has said their interface has been well received and not had complaints so they have no intention of changing it, and also has no plans to support Netflix and is focused on their download service.

I think there's a demo for MGS4, but I'd rent/try that before buying it. I let the hype get to me, and I've spent all of 15 minutes in the game since release day. Just couldn't get into it. Will try it again im sure and enjoy it, but the style of gameplay and the cutscene every 2 minute mentality just gave me such a bad taste it's sat in it's case ever since.

Home rumored to be out 12/17 btw, and Sony has said their interface has been well received and not had complaints so they have no intention of changing it, and also has no plans to support Netflix and is focused on their download service.

I found that the game starts off a little slow, especially if you haven't played a MGS game for a while and need to get reacquainted with it's style, but once you get through the first act it's a pretty sweet ride from thereon out.

Home was recently rumored to be released BY the 17th, which everyone assumed to mean that it would be out on that same day. Sony Europe and now Sony America have confirmed that the open beta launch is in fact tomorrow.

PlayStation.Blog » PlayStation Home Open Beta Launches Tomorrow

Lets hope this beta doesn't last as long as the Gmail one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts