Get OTA antenna to stop paying for local channels...help

If I drop locals will the OTA channels still have tv guide info on a 722 receiver?

Hello. I hooked up the RCA antenna that I mentioned before to my Hopper, and I found a bunch of locals. I added 4 of them to the guide, and I can see the current program name in the guide, but for the rest of the day it shows "No Information Available"; initially, all of the OTA said that. Does it take some time to get that information perhaps? I want to make sure that I understood a previous post correctly.
If a program on local OTA channels like ABC or NBC is getting recorded, I will not be able to watch another OTA channel on the Hopper or the Joeys, right? Since I have the OTA single tuner, I can only watch or record 1 OTA channel at a time?

Hello. I hooked up the RCA antenna that I mentioned before to my Hopper, and I found a bunch of locals. I added 4 of them to the guide, and I can see the current program name in the guide, but for the rest of the day it shows "No Information Available"; initially, all of the OTA said that. Does it take some time to get that information perhaps? I want to make sure that I understood a previous post correctly.
If a program on local OTA channels like ABC or NBC is getting recorded, I will not be able to watch another OTA channel on the Hopper or the Joeys, right? Since I have the OTA single tuner, I can only watch or record 1 OTA channel at a time?

You can force the Hopper to download guide data by turning the power off on the Remote control, and leaving it on the screensaver for 5-10 minutes. Otherwise, guide data should update overnight (for channels that have guide data).

And since you only have the single tuner, you are correct- one show at a time.

Reactions: NABRIL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)