Get ready new D* HD subscribers....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grosek

Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
Well I have had this Sunday planned since 11/24 for the installation of my new 5LNB dish and HD DVR (which I purchased myself from Best Buy instead of going on a waiting list). I went online to pay my bill on the D* website and just clicked on the my order link to make sure everything was ok for the installation this Sunday...good thing I did. Come to find out the local installer "attempted" to contact me for 2 weeks to let me know this Sunday was no good and I needed to reschedule...well I guess the 2 phone numbers I left weren't good enough for them and they decided to not leave a message. I contacted D* to find out why and was given plenty of excuses - no more 5LNB dishes and the local installers don't work on Sunday's were the top 2. I called the local installer here in Buffalo and they have inventory to do and basically told me to go to the end line and wait. So now I have to wait until mid-Jan and hopefully things will go as planned then. Funny thing is the customers (both new and exisiting) who have installations/upgrades scheduled on Monday on are not effected...what a way to be treated by both D* and the local installer.

I can't belive they do install's on Sunday anyway. I would have never dreamed it.

I can't belive they do install's on Sunday anyway. I would have never dreamed it.

Sure they do, when they have too, mine was done on a Sunday around 4 pm even, of course they could have done it on the Friday before when it was scheduled.

Jimbo

Sure they do, when they have too, mine was done on a Sunday around 4 pm even, of course they could have done it on the Friday before when it was scheduled.

Jimbo

My HR20 was installed on a Sunday, and that was the scheduled day.

I remember reading that upgrades were being pushed into the futuer to make DirecTV look better financially so the Liberty stock trade could go through whithout tax liability.

Well I have had this Sunday planned since 11/24 for the installation of my new 5LNB dish and HD DVR (which I purchased myself from Best Buy instead of going on a waiting list). I went online to pay my bill on the D* website and just clicked on the my order link to make sure everything was ok for the installation this Sunday...good thing I did. Come to find out the local installer "attempted" to contact me for 2 weeks to let me know this Sunday was no good and I needed to reschedule...well I guess the 2 phone numbers I left weren't good enough for them and they decided to not leave a message. I contacted D* to find out why and was given plenty of excuses - no more 5LNB dishes and the local installers don't work on Sunday's were the top 2. I called the local installer here in Buffalo and they have inventory to do and basically told me to go to the end line and wait. So now I have to wait until mid-Jan and hopefully things will go as planned then. Funny thing is the customers (both new and exisiting) who have installations/upgrades scheduled on Monday on are not effected...what a way to be treated by both D* and the local installer.
We don't work on Sundays either...And we are also closed for end of year inventory....I am not in Buffalo.
I find it surprising that someone in your position would not be a somewhat skeptical of a Sunday scheduling...I would think you would have researched that a bit..Oh well....
I also find it hard to believe this installer tried to contact you for two weeks..How could he have possibly known of your existence until a few days before your appointment...That sounds mighty fishy to me...Heck we get our work the day of the job....That's lots of fun trying to placate pissed off customers.

Jimbo
I know the local Dish company techs work two shifts..Sun thru Weds and the other Weds thru Sat...So they have techs on the road on Sundays....There are also some contractors that are open on Sundays but not many...Those nut jobs work every day..No time off.....
We are closed on Sunday...If I was forced to work on Sundays I'd simply leave the business....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)