Get Ready

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shultz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
87W 40N
Yoy guys will be in for a treat! I just got a free 10' Unimesh dish with pole and a Uniden Ultra receiver, and i know absolutely NOTHING about c-band! So when i get it put up, get ready for the questions to start flyin :D I do have one question now. I got this Uniden Ultra receiver, no manual or remote (people are looking for them) Is this thing any good? Would anyone out there use this, or would i be better off buying another receiver, and if so what? It looks like the dish might have a chaperal lnb, but not sure yet. I know it has a Superjack 2+ HQ on it, but for now, i'm wondering about the receiver.
thanks for any help!!

Yoy guys will be in for a treat! I just got a free 10' Unimesh dish with pole and a Uniden Ultra receiver, and i know absolutely NOTHING about c-band! So when i get it put up, get ready for the questions to start flyin :D I do have one question now. I got this Uniden Ultra receiver, no manual or remote (people are looking for them) Is this thing any good? Would anyone out there use this, or would i be better off buying another receiver, and if so what? It looks like the dish might have a chaperal lnb, but not sure yet. I know it has a Superjack 2+ HQ on it, but for now, i'm wondering about the receiver.
thanks for any help!!

You and me both Brother, I just got a 7.5 foot perfect 10 and a Toshiba TRX 1520, no remote either, I too know nothing abut cband...its gonna get interesting in here...:)

well this is for both , you can probably find a remote on ebay , i know there is a giant remote on there that will work the toshiba , but and i know both of these units are nice units but almost the same price you can probably get one of those new in box (NIB) receivers with remote & manual. just a thought to keep in mind.

Uniden

That should be a nice receiver, I wanted one way back when, never did buy one. I have the Uniden SQ590, stored, I think that was almost identical to the ULtra model (last one before the ultra came out, I think) I have a manual for the 590 somewhere here too, can answer questions about the box. Has great picture quality, at least this 590 did. Got mine off ebay, had a blown actuator circuit board, which I got lucky to find, moved the dish great after fixing.

well this is for both , you can probably find a remote on ebay , i know there is a giant remote on there that will work the toshiba , but and i know both of these units are nice units but almost the same price you can probably get one of those new in box (NIB) receivers with remote & manual. just a thought to keep in mind.

Well for my part I have an old PenTec standalone positioner box from a dish I got a couple weeks ago, so if the remote for the Toshiba doesn't work out ( and I don't think it is, I went back over there today and asked they said the remote was nowhere to be found) , I can use the old Uniden receiver I got with the Pentec if I need analog and the PenTec to move the dish.

That's the plan anyway. ;)

Use the manual for the Uniden SQ530.

I did go to Uniden's website and found the manual for the Ultra, and it is the same one as the SQ 530, so i did download that. I get to go take the thing down tomorrow and bring it home. I'll ask them then if they found the remote. I kinda doubt it, so i'll probably be lookin for one. Anyways, you guys think this Uniden is good for FTA?

you guys think this Uniden is good for FTA?
for analog yes its good it will pick up the analog feeds
if you slave the coolsat to it ( and you should be able add it into your current setup) you should be able to pick up the digital c band signals.

if you slave the coolsat to it

this is where i need to do ALOT more reading :confused: i was tickled pink when i setup my fortec & cs in the backyard with the receiver & a 27" tv in 34 degree weather & it worked! the neighbor thought i was nuts then, wait till he see's this project :D

Well Shultz, I sank my pole for the 7.5 footer this morning...the hot weather down here has the concrete set as hard as a rock this evening.....:D

But I have to go to a Funeral tomorrow, so it will have to wait until Tuesday before I can mount it up and get to tuning...:)

Well Shultz, I sank my pole for the 7.5 footer this morning...the hot weather down here has the concrete set as hard as a rock this evening.....:D

But I have to go to a Funeral tomorrow, so it will have to wait until Tuesday before I can mount it up and get to tuning...:)

I got the dish home just before the storms hit saturday. Been raining all weekend here, but we need the rain more than i need another satellite (i think :D) I still have to go back and dig up the pole (i know that'll be fun) but in the mean time i have ordered some new parts, so they'll be in this week. hopefully, i'll get started on mine next weekend :)
Stogie5150: keep us informed on how it's goinin! Hopefully i can learn something.

Yea, checked there first. On the side of the receiver under "Model", it just says "Ultra". On the front, it has Uniden Ultra Videocipher RS Videopal. Inside the receiver, the board is "pink" (if that means anything).

The Uniden Ultras are excellent analog receivers. I had one ruined by lightning and thanks to a member here, I am using my second. I have a manual if you need any info.

The Uniden Ultras are excellent analog receivers. I had one ruined by lightning and thanks to a member here, I am using my second. I have a manual if you need any info.

Thanks Corrado, i went to Unidens website and downloaded a manual. Seems it's the same as the SQ530.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)