Getting 110 LOCKED But 119 Not locked

volkodav said:
sounds like you have 2 dish 300. you may have to get dish 500

What you mean. What differentiates DISH300 with DISH500 ?. What else I need for DISH500 ?

I will explain what exactly I have...

1) Antenna1 -> Where I have single LNB which I use for intenational channels and i am getting correct signal for 61.5. Direction for this antenna is quite different. This portion seems to be workig fine

2) Anenna2 > It says Direct TV Channel Master. I have hooked up DISH PRO TWIN LNB and one of the Coax canbel coming in from Antenna1 in IN port. I have another two OUTPUT port and one of them is not used and another is going in DISH 311 receiver. This Antenna should have Y Adapter but as of today I do not have it so I have hooked up one of the portion in pipe where old single LNB was.

I thought DISH500 means you have DISHPRO TWIN OR DUAL LNB and you get 110/119 signal on this.

Correct me where I am missing

mamin said:
What you mean. What differentiates DISH300 with DISH500?

A DISH500 says "DISH500" on the face of the dish. You can't just slap a different LNB on a DISH300. The DISH500 is larger than a DISH300 because a DISH500 is designed to pick up two orbital locations, 110 and 119. You cannot pick both 110 and 119 using a single DISH300.

A DISH500 looks like this:

KIT-500TWIN.gif

mamin said:
My understanding is LNB which defines whether i have DISH500 or not.

Completely incorrect. A DISH500 is a completely different dish.

chaddux said:
A DISH500 says "DISH500" on the face of the dish. You can't just slap a different LNB on a DISH300. The DISH500 is larger than a DISH300 because a DISH500 is designed to pick up two orbital locations, 110 and 119. You cannot pick both 110 and 119 using a single DISH300.
A DISH500 looks like this:
KIT-500TWIN.gif

Completely incorrect.

I am interested in 119 only. Will I able to get it assuming I have smaller antenna ?

i think you have 2 dish 300. dish 300 is 18 inch and it is design for one satellite only. it if you look in a back it has only elevation. dish 500 design for 2 satellites and it is 20x22 inches, if you look in a back it has elevation and skew.

mamin said:
I am interested in 119 only. Will I able to get it assuming I have smaller antenna ?

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

You say you want a DISH500. You are buying a Y-bracket. Now, you say you only want 119?! Then why do you have a DP+ TWIN? Why are you buying a Y-bracket? Why don't you want 110?

If you only want 119, you don't need a Y-bracket. You don't need a DP+ Twin. You don't need a DISH500. You need a plain, ordinary, unmodified DISH300 to pick-up ONLY 119.

volkodav said:
just buy dish 500 and make it wright. so that way you can have anything you want

I will get DISH500 and see how it goes. Unfortunately I bought DP PRO LNB from one of the retailer and he said any antenna will work. I needed to buy DP PRO because I have combination of DISH300 which gets me international channels i need which is directed in different AZIMUTH and ELEVATION.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts