Getting 110 LOCKED But 119 Not locked

mamin

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Hi,
I am trying to setup my DISH500 with DP PLUS TWIN LNB and I am getting similar strength signal on 110 and 119 but 110 shows locked and 119 shows not locked.

What am I doing wrong ?.

Also, have stupid question. What I get on 119 which i do not get 110 ?. I was told that I need 119 not the 110.

Is that OK if I lock 110 and not use 119 ?.

Also, I am using 61.5 for international channel with sepearte antenna and LNB which is getting correct channels no issue

Thanks

I have one 311 receiver.

Do you think skew on DISH500 needs to be adjusted ?

can you get to the dish ant put DP dual from 61.5 on to 119 side?
i think it might be bad LNB or something obstructing it

volkodav said:
you get top 120 channels from 119 sat, and locals and rest of the channels come out of 110

That's not accurate. There are some AT120 channels on 110. Also, the statement that "locals and rest of the channels come out of 110" is grossly inaccurate. Local channels can come from 61.5, 105, 110, 119, 121, 129, and 148. I don't see where's he indicated his location so you don't know which orbital location his locals come from. In addition, there are many "rest of channels" that come from a location other than 110.

when you do a check switch, how extactly does it show up. does it say 110 then x then 61.5. or does it say x then 110, 61.5?

It say as below

110 119 61.5
ALL X ALL

I am in zipcode 07927 (NJ)

Thanks

mamin said:
It say as below
110 119 61.5
ALL X ALL
I am in zipcode 07927 (NJ)
Thanks

Based on that, DISH indicates that you receive NYC locals which means your local channels are NOT on 110. NYC local channels are split between 119 and 61.5.

there is no possible way it should say that if you have PD+ twin 119 is always first. you must have some other sw

volkodav said:
can you get to the dish ant put DP dual from 61.5 on to 119 side?
i think it might be bad LNB or something obstructing it

Volkodav,
I did not understand your question. I am quite novice to this..I have two disk. One is DISH300, I understand it is getting me 61.5. Coax cable is going from DISH300 to DISH500 into cable in port. From DP PRO TWIN I have two output coa:mad:I am using only one) which is going to receiver 311.

mamin said:
Volkodav,
I did not understand your question. I am quite novice to this..I have two disk. One is DISH300, I understand it is getting me 61.5. Coax cable is going from DISH300 to DISH500 into cable in port. From DP PRO TWIN I have two output coa:mad:I am using only one) which is going to receiver 311.

I think the reason you are having trouble understanding him is because he is unnecessarily abbreviating words. "Ant" stands for antenna and he is referring to your DISH500. I think "Sw" is supposed to be mean "switch" but "sw" normally stands for "software."

Volkodav, spell out the words. You are confusing him since he doesn't understand the abbreviations. Some of your abbreviations aren't even the right abbreviations.

volkodav said:
there is no possible way it should say that if you have PD+ twin 119 is always first. you must have some other sw

YOu could be right. Initially I played with SKEW and then set AZIMUTH and ELVEVATION. I had no idea how SKEW should have been setup. I must have screwed up SKEW.

Since I am getting full signal on both 110 and 119, what is the best way to tackle this. I assume if I change my SKEW then I should be fine. I will not have to change my ELEVATION and AZIMUTH. Am I correct ?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)