Getting 622 next week, do I need to re-point the dish?

Need

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
I am upgrading my 942 to 622, and the installation will be next week. Currently I am pointing to 110, 119, and 61.5. Are new MPEG4 channels on 129? Do I need to point the 61.5 dish to 129? If the installer offers to replace my 2 dishes with 1 dish, should I do it? Or am I better off leaving it as 2 dishes? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

All the national HD is on both 129 and 61.5. Keep your dishes as they are, unless your digital locals are on 129. In that case, have them replace the Dish 500 with the Dish 1000, but still keep the 61.5 dish. You'll need a DPP44 switch to get the four locations, and it might not be free.

Thanks! I thought I read somewhere that only 129 has the new MPEG4 channels. Also I am in Los Angeles, and I read a chart saying that Los Angeles' local channels are on 129. It is strange, because I am pointing to 65.1 right now and I am picking up the local channels. I have like 3 version of my local channels, one with the OTA, one around channel 2xx, and one at channel 8xxx. I guess I will double check all the channels before the installer leaves next week.

Those are all sd channels, not HD and they are on 119. You can check for yourself which sat they on by turning to the particular channel then go to point dish screen - the info shown is for that channel. The LA HD locals are on 129 and located at 63xx but can be mapped down to where your ota channels are located. If LA is your local dma (not distant nets) you will get them at no additional charge, as long as you see 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts