Status
Please reply by conversation.

dodger72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 17, 2009
Anderson, California, United States
When i woke up this morning and turned on my hr 24-500 i got a black screen and no signal i finally got a picture but now i get a searching for satellite signal every few minutes. it was working fine last night and my other box seems to be ok. any ideas?

When i woke up this morning and turned on my hr 24-500 i got a black screen and no signal i finally got a picture but now i get a searching for satellite signal every few minutes. it was working fine last night and my other box seems to be ok. any ideas?

Hows your Signal Strength loom for that box ?

Could be a flaky lnb. Have you checked all of the connections, especially to that box?

I'm guessing you don't have a swm setup, yes? If you don't have a bad or loose cable inside, I'm betting on a bad lnb or loose cable at the dish.

Being a swm setup, then I'd be looking at the cabling that is going to the "bad" box. Can you swap the boxes? That may tell you if it's the box or something else.

Well I'm sure the tech will fix you up on Tuesday.

So it was a cable issue on that line only, good to know. I'm glad you got it fixed, hopefully for good!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)