Getting a better deal

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
I have been out of contract for over a year. Can I get a better rate if I agree to another 2 year contract?

See attachment. It is an example of a deal from dish

Attachments

• deal.JPG
    deal.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 516
What is the best way to contact Dish to get a reduction by signing a new contract? I tried the online chat using the link on this site and the only offer I got was for Starz at half off for 6 months. Obviously that was not what I was looking for. The only other suggestion they had was to call their 800 number. :oldmad

I got $40.00 off my bill last December. Since then I have dropped all joeys and use firesticks on my other tvs. My bill had dropped considerably after all of that. They might end up paying me to watch DISH by next December.;)
Are you using DishAnywhere for the other tv's?

What is the best way to contact Dish to get a reduction by signing a new contract? I tried the online chat using the link on this site and the only offer I got was for Starz at half off for 6 months. Obviously that was not what I was looking for. The only other suggestion they had was to call their 800 number. :oldmad
Call the 800 number and just ask for Loyalty. If the CSR asks, tell him you might be cancelling your account so he'll stop gatekeeping you

Reactions: TheKrell
And don’t go on pause. Once your on pause the price guarantee ends.

Why does Dish have such a negative attitude toward customers who pause their account?

Seriously be glad they are going on pause and are coming back.

This policy of forfeiting credits just puts a bad taste in the customers mouth and makes them leave for good.

If a customer goes on pause, pause the programming and pause the contract. If after the original 24 months the rates go up, charge the customer the difference. Not full rate.

They do the same to the retailers. Charge back the full commission and never repays

Reactions: Jim S.
I have been out of contract for over a year. Can I get a better rate if I agree to another 2 year contract?

Hey AlaJoe, we're always happy to help you find new offers! Since we’re not able to make changes through Satellite Guys at this time, you can reach out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: Direct Chat. Our chat agents would love to help you find the best offer available to you!

-Rosita L

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hey AlaJoe, we're always happy to help you find new offers! Since we’re not able to make changes through Satellite Guys at this time, you can reach out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: Direct Chat. Our chat agents would love to help you find the best offer available to you!

-Rosita L

I just tried this link, and it takes me to the same chat room that I just exited. My CSR was also unable to help, and gave me a phone number to call.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I dropped my bill almost $40 bucks a month by signing a new 2-year in May
I just called the number the CSR from the Chat Room gave me yesterday. You got a better deal than I, but I did get a $24 monthly reduction for signing another 2-year contract. I talked through the value of the Dish Silver protection plan with the CSR (she brought it up), and decided to drop that as well, for a $34 per month reduction. I haven't needed a tech visit in about 2 1/2 years.

I LOVE this site!!