getting a Hopper with sling to replace my hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rlee22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Lewisport, Ky
I am getting a Hopper with sling to replace my Hopper
i have a question , when I get the new hopper with sling, do i need to unhook the two joeys
before I power up the new hopper and get the latest upgrade or can I leave everything hooked
up and let the new hopper do its thing?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You shouldn't need to unhook them, but just to be safe I would. Just disconnect the coax cables to them while the HWS udpates and pulls down the most current Joey sw. Then connect the coax back to the Joeys and if there is a newer SW version available that the HWS has downloaded then they should update as well.

Update:
Got the new Hopper with Sling and I unhooked the Coax on the Joeys before I turned on the new Hopper with Sling,
The Hopper upgraded with the new software ok, but when I went to the Joeys they were still trying to link to the old Hopper
and by the hopper Icon it said Not Linked, and it had a x in the block,found out just put cursor on that block and press select and it will auto link to the new Hopper with Sling, did the same thing to the other Joey and it worked.
One note : After everything loaded on new Hopper with Sling , so of the Icons for stations were missing, I remembered that others had same problem and you just need to wait for the nightly update , the next morning all the icons were ok. Very pleased with New Hopper with Sling.

I am curious about your approach to copying content, timers and such from the Hopper to the Hopper with Sling. I think you can back up timers and such to the remote and restore them on the Hopper with Sling and copy content to an external hard drive then back to the Hopper with Sling. Is this what you did or did you start fresh? I get my Hopper with Sling next week and am hoping it is that straightforward.

You've got it right. Back up your remote and it will save your timers, favorites, etc. Copy your recordings to an EHD and it will be accessible on your new Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)