Getting a New HD-DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DWDYEM2001

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
I have been having problems with my HR20-700 making noise and white lines showing up on the screen sometimes. DirectTV is sending me a new HD-DVR that I will receive in three days. I am wondering what model IRD I will be getting. Anyone know? Is there any difference between the latest DirectTV HD-DVR and the HR20-700?

I have been having problems with my HR20-700 making noise and white lines showing up on the screen sometimes. DirectTV is sending me a new HD-DVR that I will receive in three days. I am wondering what model IRD I will be getting. Anyone know? Is there any difference between the latest DirectTV HD-DVR and the HR20-700?

You will probably get the HR21, but seeing your existing one is a HR20, you may get a referbed HR20.
I would like to know what you do end up with as I too have HR20's and would like to keep gettingthem if I should have any problems.

Difference between the two is the HR21 lacks a on board OTA Tuner. since it came out, D* has decided to make a seperate add on unit (AM-21) and charge you $ 50 for it if you need it.

Jimbo

The current model is the HR21 (-100, -200 or -700). The biggest difference is the lack of a built-in OTA tuner. You can add the AM21 tuner if you want OTA.

Both times I've had my HR20-100 fail it was replaced with a refurbed HR20-100. My second refurb just decided it didn't want to accept remote inputs so its getting called in tomorrow.

They gave me an HR21...However, it didn't work. So, they are seding a tech out free of charge.

Both times I've had my HR20-100 fail it was replaced with a refurbed HR20-100. My second refurb just decided it didn't want to accept remote inputs so its getting called in tomorrow.

That is GREAT news !

Tghere was talk that if you had a HR20 series and needed a replacement, that you WOULD get a HR20 series (as long as they had them) but I have since then heard conflicting reports.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)