Getting a New HD-DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DWDYEM2001

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
I have been having problems with my HR20-700 making noise and white lines showing up on the screen sometimes. DirectTV is sending me a new HD-DVR that I will receive in three days. I am wondering what model IRD I will be getting. Anyone know? Is there any difference between the latest DirectTV HD-DVR and the HR20-700?

I have been having problems with my HR20-700 making noise and white lines showing up on the screen sometimes. DirectTV is sending me a new HD-DVR that I will receive in three days. I am wondering what model IRD I will be getting. Anyone know? Is there any difference between the latest DirectTV HD-DVR and the HR20-700?

You will probably get the HR21, but seeing your existing one is a HR20, you may get a referbed HR20.
I would like to know what you do end up with as I too have HR20's and would like to keep gettingthem if I should have any problems.

Difference between the two is the HR21 lacks a on board OTA Tuner. since it came out, D* has decided to make a seperate add on unit (AM-21) and charge you $ 50 for it if you need it.

Jimbo

The current model is the HR21 (-100, -200 or -700). The biggest difference is the lack of a built-in OTA tuner. You can add the AM21 tuner if you want OTA.

Both times I've had my HR20-100 fail it was replaced with a refurbed HR20-100. My second refurb just decided it didn't want to accept remote inputs so its getting called in tomorrow.

They gave me an HR21...However, it didn't work. So, they are seding a tech out free of charge.

Both times I've had my HR20-100 fail it was replaced with a refurbed HR20-100. My second refurb just decided it didn't want to accept remote inputs so its getting called in tomorrow.

That is GREAT news !

Tghere was talk that if you had a HR20 series and needed a replacement, that you WOULD get a HR20 series (as long as they had them) but I have since then heard conflicting reports.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.