Getting an Error Code 894

Janeen

Original poster
Nov 15, 2013
Texas
When trying to playback (resume) watching a show, I now get the Message, "The receiver has detected that the HD television or the digital connection to the TV does not support HDCP copy protection. Because this event follows HDCP, this event is not available for playback at this TV. To view this event on this TV, disconnect the digital cable and connect an analog cable from the receiver to the television and try playing the event again."

I haven't changed anything on the television or the Hopper, so I don't know why I am getting this message. I had watched the first half of the show the day before without any problems, so I can't understand what could be the matter now. Strange thing is that I bought a Sling Adapter earlier this year, so I thought just for fun, I'd try to watch the rest of the show on my iPad using DishAnywhere and it worked! So, why can I watch it on my iPad but not the television? This is the only program recording giving me this error message.

EDIT: This is happening on my main Hopper, not a Joey.

Last edited:
I had this same problem a couple of months ago and after a long session with Dish of swapping cables, units, etc it was finally determined that the HDMI port on my TV set was actually going bad. Switched to a different HDMI port on my set and problem went away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)