Getting an upgrade tomorrow

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ngdot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
I currently have an HD receiver, but the last few weeks I've been getting terrible reception on my locals from DirecTV - so bad I went and purchased an OTA antenna. Well thats all fine and dandy but now appoxamently half of my HD channels actually work.

Nothing in MLBEIHD works, my Showtime/HBO doesn't work in the 500's - but do in the 70's... The rest of the HD works fine in the 200's and whatnot. Anyway, the installer is bringing an HDDVR with him which they're upgrading me to at no cost, as well as obviously going to fix my reception issues.

My question is, is with the "DirecTV Plus HDDVR" will my OTA antenna work with the new DVR box for off-air HD? Direct doesn't offer them in my area.

Well you don't tell us what you have now so hard to help you with what's wrong now.

As for your question, there's the HR20 series of HD DVR's that have built in ATSC over the air tuners in them. They don't make these anymore, if you get one it would be a refurb. The current boxes are the HR21 and HR22, neither have built in ATSC tuners, but you can add for $50 the AM21 module, that connects to those two boxes. The AM21 adds two ATSC over the air tuners to add the functionality back. Since you say HD locals are available from DirecTV you might want to see if they will give you a break on the AM21 price.

I currently have an HD receiver, but the last few weeks I've been getting terrible reception on my locals from DirecTV - so bad I went and purchased an OTA antenna. Well thats all fine and dandy but now appoxamently half of my HD channels actually work.

Nothing in MLBEIHD works, my Showtime/HBO doesn't work in the 500's - but do in the 70's... The rest of the HD works fine in the 200's and whatnot. Anyway, the installer is bringing an HDDVR with him which they're upgrading me to at no cost, as well as obviously going to fix my reception issues.

My question is, is with the "DirecTV Plus HDDVR" will my OTA antenna work with the new DVR box for off-air HD? Direct doesn't offer them in my area.

What model of HD receiver, and what type of dish do you have? This almost sounds like you don't have the 5LNB Slimline dish and a MPEG4 compatible receiver, or have a bad/missing BBC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.