Getting CBS-HD in a non O&O Market?

BrianMis

Original PIT Dweller
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
Western PA
Was wondering if anyone has had any success in getting CBS-HD in a non O&O market?

My local CBS station is located about 50 miles from my address, and my house is in a valley which makes it almost impossible to receive any OTA signals.

I was just wondering if anyone had any pointers on getting this channel added or tips for the same.

Thanks!

I don't live in an O&O area, but I once called E* and asked if I were eligible. I was, but I didn't attempt to get it because I don't have a 61.5 dish. I don't know if this was a fluke or not, as I was under the impression that digital white areas don't exist yet, and I'm in an analog white area.

I am in a O & O market ( Detroit area ) and still could not get it because I am Grade B for the Toledo, Ohio station which is about a 50 min. highway drive for me.

Well today I answered my own question, finally decided to try my luck and called dish to see if I could get the channel added. After telling the CSR what I wanted he put me on hold then came back saying I could get it and at no charge!

So now I have CBSHD out of NY with no additional charge and it only took all of 7 minutes.

It's a good day, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)