Getting Channels Not Purchased (721) error on new SD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dnamertz

Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Porland
I just received my new SD DVR from Directv to replace my 7 year old DirecTivo box (which was no longer receiving local channels and was not able to connect via the phone). I connected the new DVR and after it completed the satelite search, every channel was giving me a "Channel Not Purchased (721)" error message. This includes local channels and all the basic channels that are part of my package.

I called Directv and after troubleshooting a few things they said I'm probably not receiving a signal or there is a problem with one of the RF cable connections and I would need to pay $25 for a service call to have a technician come out in 7 days. After the phone call, I realized that a few channels did come in...the Directv Cinema channels (ch. 100, 200, 201). I also reconnected by old box (using all the same cables) and it still works fine....plus I'm getting a signal on my other box in the other room. So, it doesn't seem like it's a signal or RF cable problem...and definitely not a problem I should be paying a fee for.

Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Silly question, is the box authorized? You can check online and send a rehit to the box via the web.

raoul5788 said:
:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Silly question, is the box authorized? You can check online and send a rehit to the box via the web.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Sounds like the signals are there just the box isn't authorized

dnamertz said:
Not a silly question because I'm not sure what you mean by "is the box authorized". How do I check this?

Get online and check. Or you can call them and ask them to resend authorization to the receiver. What it means is that receiver is active but it's not authorized to view any programming. It's normally a super easy fix, just resend authorization to the receiver

Get online and check. Or you can call them and ask them to resend authorization to the receiver. What it means is that receiver is active but it's not authorized to view any programming. It's normally a super easy fix, just resend authorization to the receiver

I went online and sent the reauthorization to the receiver and it did not help, but I want to make sure I did it correctly. Am I supposed to do the authorization after the setup/search for satellite signal? Or should I authorize it before starting the setup?

Call in to tech support and ask them if the receiver is activated, also ask them if the mirroring is activated. Then they can refresh card pairing and resend authorizations

Call in to tech support and ask them if the receiver is activated, also ask them if the mirroring is activated. Then they can refresh card pairing and resend authorizations

I called them back and they tried the mirroring and that fixed the problem. I can't believe the tech last night didn't try this and was going to charge me for a service call.

Yeah sonetimes when an owned receiver is activated the mirroring of the services is not applied.

Good to hear that it got fixed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts