Getting colder..What's your FTA (ICE?) bucket list" before winter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Clean out my garage. There's so much junk in it we don't even use anymore. It would be nice to get rid of it before the cold weather starts. Plus the wife will be parking our C-max in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any "satellite" plans before winter, dishfan? FTA or dish stuff getting cleaned out? (insert chuckle here...that stuff DOES add up quickly!!)

Before it gets real cold, I hope to have my C-band project completed and in the ground as well as relocating the two 1.2 meter Ku dishes. I've got a dual yagi antenna setup I'd like to get together for OTA... However, I've got a shop that needs to be organized from when we moved back in March and plenty of other chores to get done around the house.

I'm putting up a 1.0m motorized for either ku only or a micro-bud C band project for the eastern arc sats. still waiting for the larger 50mm tube for the SG2100 motor & the SL2PLL & conical scalar. If I do go c&ku I have a corotor plus wideband. I also repainted the dish & added a couple of support braces for the lnbf.

WP_20141003_002.jpg

To reach to get the 40.5W more stable reception than before.. To Reach to get at least atlantic satellites in "good motorized" function my 8 ft project. And the most Important!!! to get the time to share between My hobby and my Family and my normal activities..lol
pd: Avoid forever to get a mosquito bite without using OFF

It seems if you wait long enough a list will soon develop. I have a 1m dish heading my way so adding a third to my two are in the cards. One question though, how many dish's constitute a dish farm? If anything the garden will hopefully start to develop in the next few weeks.

As for anything else, I need to trim back some trees and bushes to make sure there are no obstructions. I also have to make sure I do not trim too much so that I do not ruin the seclusion I have with my dish's. Privacy is key!!!!

Other than that, I have no particular plans with the third dish. I wanted to test out 58w on a small dish, as well as a few others. If the results are not successful, I'll fix the dish toward 123w and 125w. I've been wanting to try out the Inverto multi-connect system which I should be getting either in late November or in the Spring. I just have to get my soon to be son-n-law bring it over when he heads back this way from Scotland. Regardless, I have a couple of Amiko Slims that may allow me to hit satellites two degrees apart on the 1m. Will see!

Dan....Just wanted to make sure I am politically correct.......so it seems the "farm" is starting to develop......

Ray no pc with me just giving you a hard time it was from the red green show about women in gardens and men and farms.

I'm not familiar with the Red Green Show.....

I have pretty thick skin.......no problem here.....

I just know my wife will not be happy with adding another dish. I figure I would ask for forgiveness instead of permission....

Ray you would love the red green show all the guys on here know about it. Its a show from Canada used be on pbs but you can check it out on YouTube funny episodes on satellite dishes.

I want to get a Winegard 10' SK-165 refurbished and installed in place of a 10' Perfect 10 with with some hail damage.

It was a freebee with an H2H mount.

Similar to a Pinnacle, but has 16 panels and was UPS shippable according to Winegard.

Weather to turn colder soon.

Been messing with the FTA a bit lately after mothballing things for a long while. I've got a new PLL Cband lnb for my 8 footer coming Thursday. Cold is setting in this weekend highs only in the 40's. Getting too old to care about freezing outside anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.