Getting Dish installed on Thursday....anything I should do to make sure the install g

Wirelessly?? I never heard of that one before and I have a 722. If you are a candidate for EA, you may be getting a ViP HD receiver like a 211 receiver for that second SDTV along with the 1000.4 dish.

I cannot number the times that I have shown up at a customers house and explained how I'm running wires and they insist that TV2 is wireless. Not new people, Phone companies (AT&T is the worst about this, although I occasionally have a problem with Embark as well). I mean common, AT&T can't correctly enter a customers road, city or zip code correctly, how do we expect them to be able to describe a dual tuner accurately.

The install is going on now, all the receivers are in place wires run, he is replacing the switches and LNB's now. So far so good, nice kid but he called for help when he had to go on the roof, there are 3 guys here now.

Still waiting for the installer. I am on a 12-5. I had to bury someone right after noon and hoped it didn't coincide with the installer showing up but I had my wife here waiting just in case.

they may even show up after 5......i know it happened to me a few times when i got behind on my route, sometimes people would look @ me like i was crazy for showing up after 5 but i did the job and they were happy

He got here at 2pm and is working now. He had an install this morning that was supposed to have a clear area for a signal but the house was surrounded by trees so no install there.

He got here at 2pm and is working now. He had an install this morning that was supposed to have a clear area for a signal but the house was surrounded by trees so no install there.

So what did they set you up with? I see your in PA so did you get the new EA Dish 1000.4? Was I right about ViP receivers meaning a 211 in addition to the 722? You would be one of the very first to have this set up.

I got the DP311 receiver for 1 tv and the 722 for 2 tvs. How do I find out if the dish is 1000.4?

Everything went good except the HD receiver was blocked by my gutter and he moved that dish to the front of the house and the other is on the side.

My installer questioned why I wasn't getting the 1000.4 dish since I was getting only HD. I asked if I was missing anything by not getting it and he didn't really know. I asked if he installed any yet and he said no.

what's the difference between 500 and 1000.4?

The 500 picks up 2 satellites. 110 & 119. It can also be used to pick up just one more so in your case the dish missing an LNB is looking at 61.5. An old 300 can be used the same way. The 1000.4 picks up 3 satellites with one dish. Look around these forums for all the info including pictures of it.

My installer questioned why I wasn't getting the 1000.4 dish since I was getting only HD. I asked if I was missing anything by not getting it and he didn't really know. I asked if he installed any yet and he said no.

Your not missing anything.

Hey Cemetery Man! Too bad you are just signing up for Dish. I'll bet you would have loved the MonstersHD channel we used to get! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)