Getting Dish tomorrow! question about phone

Zurion

Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
I just orderd Dish Network a few nights ago and they are going to come out tomorrow for the install. I got a VIP 622 and 222 along with the top 250, HD including HBO with dvr advantage.

The rep on the phone asked if I had a phone line, which I do/did kind of. Basically my dillemma is I have sunrocket VOIP, however they are going out of business. I just found this out... and my phone service with them has been very intermittent. Right now it's not working. I'm in the process of having the number ported to my cable provider, but it wont go live until July 30th of this month. So basically i might be without a phone until July 30th.

Will this affect whether the installer is able to install Dish for me if I dont have a land line that is working for a few days?

But since I will have a phone line in no more than 5 days. Am I still going to get charge a $5 fee if I hook up the phone line to the receivers the instant I get the phone?

Basically, if the installer activates via a phone bypass, will that automatically charge me 1 month for not having the phone line right away?

they probably wouldnt. everyone knows sunroket died.

e mail ceo@echostar.com and ask them to waive it for a week. they will want a new sub.

phone companies should be required by law to notify 30 days before closing

Switch hiccup?

Dish out again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)