Getting DTV installed, what shoud I ask?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FullyFamous

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Minneapolis Area
We're getting DTV installed tomorrow and I'm wondering what shoud I be expecting of the installer? Should I make sure before he/she starts doing anything that I'm informed of any "out of the ordinary" install posibilities, such as cable runs over the normal, possible extra charges, etc? I'm a little concerned that the "normal" install may end up nickel & diming us. :confused:

Any extra charges should be gone over with you before any work is done. Things that will cost extra poles (if you request it), cable bury if more than 20', wall fishes, cables runs total more than 125'. If you live in an apartment poles, tripods, clamps or non-pens to mount the dish will cost extra. Also flat cables will be an extra charge.

95% of installs are covered under the standard install, and the customer does not have to pay a thing.

Thanks. I'm believe my existing cables will be sufficient to use, without having to run new stuff. Hope all goes weel without a hitch (will make the wife happy!).

After reading some of the installation posts , you might expect they will not show up . Lol . I have to admit though , I was concerned but , my installer showed up and called to see if he could start a bit early . I was impressed . I had a very good experience . I hope you do as well

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)