Getting Flashes of Thin & Long Green Line w/ my KTLA [LA] WB HD Signal, on HD Prog.

Tele-TV

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
I was watching "One Tree Hill" HD on KTLA (HD) (LA WB) (on Charter) last night, and I noticed every once in a while (every couple of minutes) a thin long green line HORIZONTAL would flash on the screen for a second, in different parts of the screen. When I checked my recording of the "Beauty & the Geek 2" HD Casting Special, this morning, it did the same thing. It's VERY ANNOYING! :mad: [I hope they get it fixed before "Everwood" returns].
Earlier in the day, there was no signal for KTLA. And then the night before the sound was ALL staticky. I asked my co-worker friend (who has Time Warner), but asked him anyways if this ever happened to him (gave him the details), and he said its probably a week signal. Can anyone ('Iceberg'?) "confirm" this/tell me what might be causing this? ANY INSIGHT FROM ANYONE (even if your not a cable/Charter sub) will be greatly! appreciated before I call those annoying CSR's :rolleyes: at Charter.
Thanks!

Last edited:
stuart628 said:
hmm, here in cleveland we are seeing the same things with our Locals (I believe fox and abc are the culprits here) wonder what this could be

Hey stuart,

Just to be clear, you're talking about the HD feed of FOX and ABC, right? And do you have Charter? Thanks.

That's not what I wanted to hear. :( Especially with FOX (because the "The OC" is on tonight (this is the first time I will be watching this show in HD, at all). I might have to do some re-shuffling of my scheduled shows tonight. Going to call Charter right now to ask what might be the problem. Will let you know what they say.

Tele-TV said:
Hey stuart,
Just to be clear, you're talking about the HD feed of FOX and ABC, right? And do you have Charter? Thanks.
That's not what I wanted to hear. :( Especially with FOX (because the "The OC" is on tonight (this is the first time I will be watching this show in HD, at all). I might have to do some re-shuffling of my scheduled shows tonight. Going to call Charter right now to ask what might be the problem. Will let you know what they say.

I dont have charter, I have time warner cable, and yes it is the hd feed, in fact someone took a screen grab of it: (THANKs to inundated of avsforum)

also it is the fox in cleveland that is having a problem, could be fox nationwide then?

Attachments

• wjwdtproblem.jpg
    wjwdtproblem.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 207
Maybe Cable CAN'T - Couple Days ago WB HD Completely Out, Now ABC HD

I'll be HONEST with you stuart, never did call Charter, hate calling them. They always :rolleyes: ask if they can go over your service plan and if you like movies (I'm going to have to be more forceful). I'm not sure if its still happening on the WB. Will see if fixed when Beauty & the Geek airs again.

But on another note THANKS for taking the time to take that pic. My problem isn't as "bad" as yours. Also, I didn't realize that I didn't mention in my original post (just edited)that I get one horizontal line at a time.

I wish you well with your problem. Please let me know if your FOX and ABC get better. BTW, how long has this been going on for.

our problem is not bad at all, its only on for a second, but there has to be a common thread between our problems maybe something that our local companies are doing, if someone with a little more technical approach could help us in this thread, or the one on avsforum, and I will report here that would be great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)