Getting HD locals from another area

CONUS = continental united states (or contiguous united states)

a conus signal can be seen anywhere in the country. dish network just filters out the channels you aren't supposed to see (based on your service address). so anybody can receive any conus signal by either subscribing to the appropriate package or by "moving" to the appropriate part of the country.

spotbeams are different -- they are only available in the part of the country that they are designed to service. "moving" to a spotbeam area wont' do you any good if you are too far away.

and what the other guy said is true -- if you move to DC, you'll get Comcast Sports Net MidAtlantic instead of your current RSNs.

LOL so if I live in Wisconsin and have a 61.5 Dish and want Philly locals this plans to be very difficult?

nope. Again, Dish doesn't care as long as the number on the account matches the number you gave them. So you could have Philly HD Big 4 locals (that's all it would be as the SD ones are spotbeamed) with your "Philly" address and a Wisconsin phone number :)

just be aware that dish network does not carry the RSN in philly (comcast sports net philadelphia). moving to philly would mean you won't get any RSN. with a 61.5, you could also move to boston, nyc, or washington dc and get all four networks in HD and get the appropriate RSN as well.

i "moved" to greensboro, north carolina for sd locals (to better follow acc basketball) from my home outside of baltimore. i've got a baltimore area code on my account. like ^ says -- as long as the phone number connected to your receiver is the same as teh phone number on your account they don't care.

Newbie help!

I live in north louisiana which is spotbeam 15 if I am looking correctly. I have a E* 622 HD receiver but my locals are not HD. I am considering "moving" my address to receive HD affiliates. Is there any location within my spotbeam where this is possible or do I need to stick with the 129 degree channels such as chicago where they are not spotbeamed? I would love to get within a spotbeam so I could receive all the "local" channels offered. Please explain if needed how I can check this out with my system setup on E* 622. Spotbeam and transponder interchange when you enter a number under that heading. What goes here?
Thank you
Smacman1

Heyas, I have a moving related question and didn't want to start a new thread. I live in Boston, but am from NYC originally and am a Mets fan. If I move to NYC (my mom still lives there anyways), would I be able to get SNY, or would I still need to add the multi sport package? Oh, and would Mets games on SNY be blacked out for me? I still wouldn't be able to see them in HD I guess, but it would save tons of money on having to get Extra Innings or the MLBtv package. Thanks in advance...

I live in north louisiana which is spotbeam 15 if I am looking correctly. I have a E* 622 HD receiver but my locals are not HD. I am considering "moving" my address to receive HD affiliates. Is there any location within my spotbeam where this is possible or do I need to stick with the 129 degree channels such as chicago where they are not spotbeamed?

you won't be able to get any hd locals on a spotbeam so you'll need to stick with the ones available at 129 degrees like you said. kansas city, nashville, and atlanta are the closest.

If I move to NYC (my mom still lives there anyways), would I be able to get SNY, or would I still need to add the multi sport package? Oh, and would Mets games on SNY be blacked out for me?

take your candidate service address and enter it here:

https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customernetqual/prepAddress.do

the site will tell you whether or not you the address you chose will be eligible for SNY. if it is eligible, the games you want to see will not be blacked out.

I live in western Arkansas along I-30, and I'm halfway between Texarkana and Little Rock (an hour from each). E* doesn't have the Little Rock locals in HD.

Where should I move? I'd love to move to Dallas or another city in Texas if possible. Want to get all of the Cowboy games.

Also, is it a problem if my receiver isn't connected to a phone line. I pay the stupid $5 a month charge.

having the phone line disconnected won't affect your "move" at all.

if the spotbeam charts are correct, you are too far from Dallas to pick up the spotbeam. you can find out for sure by checking the signal strength on transponder 31 at 110 degrees.

^ the problem with that is that you'd have to have a dish 1000+ or a dish 500+ to pick up a signal from 118.75. since the customer doesn't live in those areas he would have to buy one himself. the point with the kansas city locals on 129 is that he already has the ability to pick those up so it won't cost anything in equipment upgrades.

Forgive me if I seem to ask the same questions but this may be the answer to my problem.

I recently lost my distant network out of Chicago, I live in Muskegon, MI. I can get my locals with an OTA but I can’t get a Chicago station to see the Bears every week.

1) If I change my service address to one in the Chicago area I could receive those locals (SD & HD)?
2) Dish Network may not care, but are there any legal issues with doing this?

It seems that everyone that lost their distant networks could do this, yes? If so this would be perfect for me.

You can get the hd locals by using the 129 satellite dish and if you have an hd receiver. You will not get the sd locals as they are on spotbeam off of 110 sat.

I'm a little confused:confused: I'm 40 miles south of Springfield Missouri[southwest Mo] what problems will I have moving to Kansas City MO. Sorry I guess I'm just dumb:D

I'm a little confused:confused: I'm 40 miles south of Springfield Missouri[southwest Mo] what problems will I have moving to Kansas City MO. Sorry I guess I'm just dumb:D

yuo have to be within the spotbeam of the locals. Think flashlight and shine it on a wall. If you are in the "bright area" then you can see those locals. If you are not, then no

KC is on 110 transponder 18. What kind of signal do you get on 110 TP18?
(menu 6-1-1 change satellite to 110 and select 18 as transponder)

yuo have to be within the spotbeam of the locals. Think flashlight and shine it on a wall. If you are in the "bright area" then you can see those locals. If you are not, then no

KC is on 110 transponder 18. What kind of signal do you get on 110 TP18?
(menu 6-1-1 change satellite to 110 and select 18 as transponder)
I get 100 so I guess I'm good. I just wasn't sure what I would get and lose, If you know what I mean. Thanks for the help

you should be able to get all the KC locals then

I know TP18 is huge. I can get it here in MN (Austin/Rochester MN/Mason City IA locals are on same spotbeam)

I live in a canyon east of Lubbock. I receive no OTA signal nor is cable available. I do receive locals from E*. I would like to receive network HD. I tried the signal strength on transponder 31 at 110 degrees for Dallas HD and it was 75. However, the signal strength on Transponders 20 and 29 at 110 degrees for Dallas SD read 0. Next I looked at Albuquerque , NM . They have 3 HD networks on CONUS at 129 degrees and their SD channels are on transponder 27 at 110 degrees. I receive a 59-60 reading on that transponder. Is that sufficient to get them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)