Getting incorrect channels ESPN and others...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jwaltz666

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Anyone else notice this?
what happend to my stretched espn?

Not here either... Something Wicked is coming...? the last time things like these happened new channels were added????

I just checked and espnhd is on my second voom box

wonder if my main stb is going screwy
earlier today one of the ota's was missing from mapping but came back back after a reboot. Just tried a reboot again and espn hd is still the movie channel hd
time to reset?

vurbano said:
Actually I am watching desperado right now on tnthd and it looks better than CBS's hd movie..lmao
"Cold Case" on CBS looked great over here.-posted about "Desperado" on the prog. forum-did look like a sharp "upconversion."

Sean Mota said:
I would try to reboot first and if that does not work unplug/plug stb.

This has happened to me several times in the past week, and I've had to reboot to fix it each time. Almost like it is getting confused on which polarity it has set on the feed. In the past week we have had a lot of rain fade - perhaps coming out of rain fade it gets confused where it was?

HBO 2 West = ESPN?

Hi,

Some of my channels (non OTA) are still mapped incorrectly.

I see ESPN on my HBO2W. There are some more that are incorrect, but I do not sub to them?

How do I fix this?

Something is going on on Voom's end since yesterday with channels appearing in the incorrect slots. I do not think there's much you can do until they fix this. I haven't looked to see if I am getting the same but I will. I know there's a thread with the same problem reported yesterday. I will merge with this one.

In the past reports about messed-up channels preceded introduction of new channels to the lineup. I really hope this trend continues... ;)

A few hours ago I noticed TNT was on HBOHDW, and some other channel mix-ups, and then every channel went blank. It's been that way ever since!

*update... rebooted, works fine. No new channels noted. :cool:

One of my boxes did that once and I had to phisically recycle power to get it back. My second box was fine. After unplugging power and plugging back in, all was fine. It did take 10 minutes or so to get the guides back.

The receiver in my daughter's room was showing ESPN on Cartoon network, which is why I found out about it. If it hadn't touched cartoon network, I probably wouldn't have ever known. Pretty much all of her channels were screwy though. Various sports channels through Nickelodeon & Disney. Boy was she furious. I just rebooted the receiver and all was fine.

Yeah, something happened tonight to my STB during the Lakers-Timberwolves game. I was watching the game and all of a sudden I got the message that it couldn't receive the signal on that channel. But the message was on top of the channels and it was still coming in. :confused: Then I tried switching channels to make the message go away. That's when I noticed some of the channels were messed up like others are noting here and in the wrong spots. It eventually fixed itself. Hopefully this means someting is coming.

I did also notice that the Cinema10 channles are now listing 2 movies per day in the guide starting tomorrow. Good to see this change for the better! :yes

I have had this happen to me too. Its can be either a bad LNB or Diplexor. If you had an upgraded antenna from your Stealth. Make sure the installer took off the power which also can cause a polarity problem on channels. This is what was wrong with my system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)