Getting installed tomorrow. Anything to watch out for?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

qcjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Ohio
I want to make sure that I watch out for the right stuff and ask the right questions. The last time I had Dtv it was a nightmare install and service was bad. This was almost 8 years ago so I hope things have changed. Maby Im just paranoid lol.

Someone who knows what they want should go through the process with the installer before the real work begins. What outlets are available and anything you know about existing wiring would be helpful.

Make sure they do a full training on how to use the equipment; especially any features that you've not had before.

It probably wouldn't hurt to do a signal strength test for satellite (and DECA if applicable) before the installer wanders off.

Just make sure you know what the Installer is planning to do before hand, do a walk thru with him ahead of the start so you know, he should do this with you anyways.

make sure all features are working before he leaves and that you get all the recvrs you had planned on before he leaves.
Recvr wise, you probably can't change much as it's whats on your work order, but I would just verify what he's putting in ahead of time.

Thanks guys. Do they decide where the dish goes? Also are they supposed to leak proof the dish on the roof? Ill post when they are done.

Im all set up. The guy was nice and seemed to know what he was doing. I asked about how the ondemand is set up. He said to just hook a cable to the modem and it should be good to go. Its still downloading the info. It says I have a hour to go.

Im all set up. The guy was nice and seemed to know what he was doing. I asked about how the ondemand is set up. He said to just hook a cable to the modem and it should be good to go. Its still downloading the info. It says I have a hour to go.
give it a good 24-36 hours to download everything your guide, and your ondemand

Hook a cable to the modem? You mean, hook an ethernet cable (which is coming from a cinema connection kit) to a ROUTER....

Everything is working well. I even have the installers cell. He says hes linked to my account for three months and if theres any issues to call him. Thanks for all the posts.

Someone who knows what they want should go through the process with the installer before the real work begins. What outlets are available and anything you know about existing wiring would be helpful.

Make sure they do a full training on how to use the equipment; especially any features that you've not had before.

It probably wouldn't hurt to do a signal strength test for satellite (and DECA if applicable) before the installer wanders off.
Wanders?....

Thanks guys. Do they decide where the dish goes? Also are they supposed to leak proof the dish on the roof? Ill post when they are done.

A good tech will choose the best location for the best reception. Then take the customer outdoors to actually SHOW the customer where the dish must be located.
Yes, they MUST seal all roof penetrations.

Well so far its going good. I love how on dvr shows it puts them in folders. So much easier. My wife loves it. She hated having it in the past. Thanks for all who helped me with there posts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)