Getting LA stations In Oregon?

wkilpatrick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
I live near Portland, OR and we have family down on southern LA. We would like to be able to watch the local channels from LA. Is this even possible?

I think if you have DISH Network and have an HD receiver, you can do it with ease. Of course, that's only the FOX, CBS, NBC, and ABC, but heck, they were always so cool when I had the original distant networks through DISH. The news was like a five star movie. :)

Maybe somebody else here on the forum that is a little more knowledgeable can fill us in, but that's the only way I can think of. I think LA locals are on CONUS over on DirecTV in which case you could just "move" without needing the HD receiver.

I guess it all boils down to which service you have? Or do you have cable?

Cade

if you do have dish network you cannot get the distant networks any longer b/c they cannot offer them any longer

if you do have dish network you cannot get the distant networks any longer b/c they cannot offer them any longer
but you can "move" (call in and change your service address to one that qualifies for the locals you want) - if you are within the footprint.

Some guy told me that it didn't matter if you were in the footprint or not so long as you had an HD receiver and moved. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but it has nearly convinced me to buy an HD receiver.

With SD, I know you'll have to be in the footprint. And, depending on where you are in Oregon, it might work. I'm in Northeast Georgia and can get Cincy or Charlotte with ease -- I've stuck with Charlotte for the baseball games (Orioles, Nationals, and Reds) that I see in addition to the Braves.

Of course, if she's paranoid of the whole "moving" thing, you'd probably better do as she says... :D

Cade

i told them that i wanted the KTLA and they added it! hopefully you'll get someone that speaks English that understands what you are saying!! LOL!!!!!

I talked to a lady via internet messaging and she added the package. I think she said it was like $5.99/mth

Cool... Next time, though, all you'll have to do is just ask for KTLA and it will only be an additional $1.50 / month. The $5.99 probably works out better but they show a lot of the same programs (just on different time zones). Of course, before the baseball season ended, I had both KTLA and WWOR -- WWOR showed about fifteen Yankees games through the season.

Cade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts