Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
Let's have a little fun here.

MrFTAMan is getting married, so that got me thinking of some way to harass him just a bit. That's typical of what guys do just to rub the other fella's nose in it. But, we don't really mean anything negative and we know it. It's just a bit of a hazing for the rite of passage into marriage.

Anyway, if you are at all interested, let's discuss all the pros and cons of marriage to an eccentric FTA hobbyist and get a little clever with our responses. This is just for fun and humor, so please don't use this as an opportunity to bash marriage or the opposite sex. Make this thread happy and humorous, okay? A little ribbing is acceptable, but don't get negative on us. Remember, this is just for humor and fun (you can include good advice, too if you have some to offer).

RADAR

Why I am not married... reason #1

Because I like to watch "Hatari!" over and over again. Every gal gives me a funny look when I ask her to go to the movies and I take her home to watch... Hatari!

The only way to watch Hatari! is to wear safari clothing while drinking Jack Daniels straight up. No champagne allowed. And, you have to sing along with the actors on the trip back from town (Oh Whiskey Leave me Alone... I'm Tired and I want to go Home!... I want to go HOME... home... home....... home).

Sean, who is that girl in your bed?

I don't know her!

SEAN! :eek:

LOL (You'll understand if you know the movie)

I have to admit, the first time I ever got drunk was while watching Hatari! He he. I was too young to drink and I didn't know how. Big OOPS!

But, to this day, I LOVE this movie. I don't think it would go over well if I tried to explain this to a prospective wife. She would never understand my movie preferences based on this. Naka!

RADAR

First things first. There will be no more "Monkeying Around" so a new Avatar is in order. What shall we get? Something in pink?
pinkdressmonkey.jpg

The worst part for me of getting married was having to hand over my testicles. I thought it was just a myth.

I do find I am much more focused on the things she wants me to do though.

I do find that I have more time to get things done, because I never have to (or get to) make any decisions anymore.

Unless something goes wrong... Then it was my idea.

I was just back from our honeymoon and I thought I would set the tone for our life together. I sat the bride down and told her, "in the morning I like a real big breakfast one with fresh brewed coffee, scrambled eggs, ham and pancakes. She said, "that’s great when you make your breakfast make one for me. "

Married life has been down hill since then.:)

somewhere near 1984 , my cousin got married and i was an usher.
I had just taken a 76' cobra II and built it good with things like 650 holley, headers, 65' 289 heads on 302 block,flat top pistons, cleanup overbore, oversized valves with port polish and portmatching job on a 4 bar intake. high lift cam ect ect. Didnt run bad...

at the wedding just before the bride was to come up i took my keys and shook them at the Groom and said " last chance to run, here take my car, nobody will be able to catch you....

HE got married ANYWAY!! :car:

HEH :)

I have to talk to my wife once in a while, no escaping it, i try.... sometimes hiding works...
but when she finds me....
my favorite one is when i come home from work and she is standing at the top of the steps with her hands on her hips, look out! :facepalm

welcome to the club.

GOOD LUCK!! and CONGRATS!!

Here's a good story about true love and marriage.

This is a loving sentiment that all married MEN should experience at one time.

My Mother and Father visited their favorite pub to congregate with friends and enjoy a night out of the home.
Of course, this was long before the drinking and driving laws were so strict, in fact they were quite loose at the time.
They were allowed to take their last open beverages home with them, well, at least out of the pub anyway.
Dad drove and made a driving mistake in turning from a one way street to another one way street at a red light.
Mr. Policeman stopped them and questioned my father, who by the way, had an open beverage in his hand.
He asked: "Do you know why I stopped you?" My father had no idea what he did, and replied: "No."
Mr. Policeman explained that he had made an illegal turn through a red light.
My father responded, pointing at my mother: "She told me to turn there"!

Mr. Policeman dang near fell to the street in laughter and told them to go home amidst gasping for breath and composure.

Ah! True marital bliss! Note at the beginning that I said, all married men should experience this at one time. That's because it is NEVER going to happen AGAIN! Just ask my Mom!

LOL!

RADAR

Well Radar now you have done it, a John Wayne film I had not seen,have to remedy that, shame on me. That's what my forebearers said when i got married for the second time. Of course when I looked at the family tree for 3 generations all the males had got married twice, can't be that bad, must be something in the jeans (did I spell that right?)
All the best FTA man

If a married man states his opinion in the woods and his wife isn't around is he still wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts