Getting off of Flex/HD For Life/Local Sports Packages

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
I subbed to Dish through FlexTV in order to avoid the SSN hassle and credit check.

Once you have established good credit with Dish through Flex, are you able to switch to a 'regular' account and benefit from the 'discounted' pricing without going through the SSN and credit check?

If so, how long do you have to stay on a Flex or pay in advance account before switching over?

Also, another question: If you have AT 120 with HD For Life (24 month contract) and you decide to 'up' your programming to AT 200 does your HD for Life follow to AT 200 or do you need to start your 24 month commitment all over again?

Finally, in NH Dish's website says I am elligible for NESN and Comcast NE sports channels locally. There is no mention of HD. Does anyone know if they are available in HD. What teams do these channels usually carry? Bruins, Red Sox, White Sox?

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Your best bet may be to call up Claude at Dishstore.net and see what he can do. You can click on the logo at the top of the page.

C1787GJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 19, 2005
MASSACHUSETTS
I subbed to Dish through FlexTV in order to avoid the SSN hassle and credit check.

Once you have established good credit with Dish through Flex, are you able to switch to a 'regular' account and benefit from the 'discounted' pricing without going through the SSN and credit check?

If so, how long do you have to stay on a Flex or pay in advance account before switching over?

Also, another question: If you have AT 120 with HD For Life (24 month contract) and you decide to 'up' your programming to AT 200 does your HD for Life follow to AT 200 or do you need to start your 24 month commitment all over again?

Finally, in NH Dish's website says I am elligible for NESN and Comcast NE sports channels locally. There is no mention of HD. Does anyone know if they are available in HD. What teams do these channels usually carry? Bruins, Red Sox, White Sox?

NESN is only in HD when a game is on. They have Boston Bruins, Red Sox, and Celtics games. Comcast NE is only in HD also for sporting events shown on that channel... There is an SD feed of both channels showing programming 24/7. HD for life follows you to the AT200 so if you were 18 months in to your contract it would stay the same and have 6 months left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)