Getting only 1 dish on the house

chuckster_dude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Buffalo, NY
I have a 625 dual tunner with a Dish 500 dish on the house, and I want to upgrade to HD (1 HD TV, 1 non-HD TV). Local company recommends the 722 dual tuner but says I need to have a 2nd dish put on my house.

Does DISH currently have a way for only 1 dish on my house to get both HD and non-HD programming?

Providing that you have the proper LOS and qualify for the Eastern Arc, then yes. The D1000.4 for the Eastern Arc is a one dish solution. I couldn't find if Buffalo is an EA market yet.

Providing that you have the proper LOS and qualify for the Eastern Arc, then yes. The D1000.4 for the Eastern Arc is a one dish solution. I couldn't find if Buffalo is an EA market yet.

Someone else will have to verify this but it could be that his area can't get the 129 sat, therefore a 2nd dish aimed at the 61.5 sat has to be installed so he can receive all of his HD programming. And of course that is if Buffalo indeed is NOT an EA market yet.

Someone else will have to verify this but it could be that his area can't get the 129 sat, therefore a 2nd dish aimed at the 61.5 sat has to be installed so he can receive all of his HD programming. And of course that is if Buffalo indeed is NOT an EA market yet.
The Buffalo. NY locals are on 61.5. If the OP doesn't want 2 dishes ( I don't know why. 2 or more dishes are a sign of sophistication.;)), he will need to get the 1000.4 if it is available in the Buffalo market.

Buffalo has their own market, and their HD locals are not available on Dish yet. Their sd locals are on 110.
The List is showing 4 stations from Buffalo in MPEG4 HD on 61.5 TP 13. Irregardless of the local issue, the OP will need 61.5 or 129 for HD. The Buffalo HD-LIL, if not currently available, will probably be on the EA.

Thanks for the info.

So.....it may be possible in the future that 1 dish on the house would grab both HD and SD programming here in Buffalo (if it moves to EA)??? If so, maybe I'll wait to upgrade.

Buffalo is no EA yet. I'm in the buffalo DMA. I have HD with locals (AT250).
I have one satellite looking (roughly southwest) at 110/119 and one looking (roughly southeast) at 61.5.

Right now there's no single dish HD solution in Buffalo DMA from DishNetwork.