St. Louis area E* retailers???

STL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I hope to be going Dish Network (from DirecTV) is a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had the name of any good DISH retailers in the St. Louis area -- or even more specifically in the St. Charles County area? Or if someone has had a bad experience please let me know whom to avoid.

Also, I plan to go with a 722 and get a TurboHD package -- what dish should I have installed? A friend had a similar install done last year and his installer said not to use a single big dish but instead installed two dishes. Is that still true these days?

You might try going thru DishStore and let them set it all up for you. And I don't see why you want want 2 dishes if everything can be accomplished with 1? St. Louis is a designated EA city, so, you'll be using 61.5,72 and 77.

Thanks for the reply. Looking at DishStore's website the only deal for new customers that I see (this one) is over 4 years old! So it, of course, doesn't mention the HD-only package that I am after!.

Well, that certainly is old. But, you need to click on the tab that says "Current Offers/Order Dishnetwork". Claude will answer any questions you have. Drop him an email. Hope this helps.

I hope to be going Dish Network (from DirecTV) is a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had the name of any good DISH retailers in the St. Louis area -- or even more specifically in the St. Charles County area? Or if someone has had a bad experience please let me know whom to avoid.

Also, I plan to go with a 722 and get a TurboHD package -- what dish should I have installed? A friend had a similar install done last year and his installer said not to use a single big dish but instead installed two dishes. Is that still true these days?

Try Securetel in Wentzville.

Try Securetel in Wentzville.
Thanks for the tip. Brad set me up with a VIP 722 for no out of pocket cost, and I will be getting the TurboHD Silver DishDVR Advantage package (which includes the locals and DVR fees) for $39.99 a month. He said that price will be the price after the February price increase as well! Also, since I am a new customer I am suppose to get a $50 programming credit on my first bill.

Yes they said they were bringing an 1000.4 dish, but I canceled the order this afternoon. I will replace the order again after Feb. 1st when the new promos from DISH come out -- they are suppose to be the best ones offered in years.

EDIT: Someone posted the new promos here. Looks like it was a good idea to wait.

Last edited:
This is the current promotion page...

DISH Network Satellite TV Service - DISHNETWORK Deals

This is whats going up on the homepage here on Monday for pre-orders...

Ever since DISH Network has announced the greatest DISH Network promotion ever a few weeks ago at CES, everyone who has been thinking of getting signed up with DISH Network is now planning to wait till Febuary 1st to get in on this fantastic offer.

At The DISH Store we are so excited about all the fantastic offers, its driving us crazy not being to offer our customers the very best deal around. So as usual we took DISH Networks promopton and made it better.

Starting on Janaury Monday January 26th Dishstore will now be accecpting pre-orders for the Febuary 1st DISH Network promotion which includes the following...

A) Free Upgrade for the VIP722 HD/DVR Receiver
B) $25/Mo off for customer subscribing to Classic Bronze 100, 200, or 250 Bonus Pack for the first 6 months
C) $10/Mo off for customers subscribing to Bronze, Silver or Gold HD add on packages
D) (2) Great Movie channel Packages Free for the first 3 months
E) Up to a $125 Dishstore exclusive customer rebate.

Here is how it works...

A) Starting on Monday January 26th, call the DISH Store at 800-807-0837 and ask to speak with one of our sales advisors.

B) Our sales advisors will help you pick out the proper programming package and the equipment configuration that meets your needs.

C) We will then pre-build your Pending DISH Network order in our system, and choose a few potential installation dates

D) At Midnight on Febuary 1st, we will transmit your order infromation to DISH Network and build your account and schedule your installation

E) On Monday Febuary 2nd we will call you to follow up with your install date, and change it if necessary to work with your schedule.

There are 2 rebates being offered with this promotion....

http://www.satelliteguys.us/metro25/dishstore/rebateq109.pdf
This is the standard Dishstore rebate, which will allow you to get up to $75 cash back when you sign up. Valid from 2/1/2009 through 8/31/2009

http://www.satelliteguys.us/metro25/dishstore/rebateearly.pdf
Additional Cash Back Bonus when you pre-order by Febuary 1st. Valid on new orders placed from 1/20/2009 through 1/31/2009

Its going to be 2 rebates, the one is going to be for $75 for signing up before the 1st and the other one is going to be for $75 with the new promo.

Up to $150 off.

Starting on Janaury Monday January 26th Dishstore will now be accecpting pre-orders for the Febuary 1st DISH Network promotion which includes the following...

A) Free Upgrade for the VIP722 HD/DVR Receiver
B) $25/Mo off for customer subscribing to Classic Bronze 100, 200, or 250 Bonus Pack for the first 6 months
C) $10/Mo off for customers subscribing to Bronze, Silver or Gold HD add on packages
D) (2) Great Movie channel Packages Free for the first 3 months
E) Up to a $150 Dishstore exclusive customer rebate.

Here is how it works...

A) Starting on Monday January 26th, call the DISH Store at 800-807-0837 and ask to speak with one of our sales advisors.

B) Our sales advisors will help you pick out the proper programming package and the equipment configuration that meets your needs.

C) We will then pre-build your Pending DISH Network order in our system, and choose a few potential installation dates

D) At Midnight on Febuary 1st, we will transmit your order infromation to DISH Network and build your account and schedule your installation

E) On Monday Febuary 2nd we will call you to follow up with your install date, and change it if necessary to work with your schedule.

There are 2 rebates being offered with this promotion....

http://www.satelliteguys.us/metro25/dishstore/rebateq109.pdf
This is the standard Dishstore rebate, which will allow you to get up to $75 cash back when you sign up. Valid from 2/1/2009 through 8/31/2009

http://www.satelliteguys.us/metro25/dishstore/rebateearly.pdf
Additional Cash Back Bonus when you pre-order by Febuary 1st. Valid on new orders placed from 1/20/2009 through 1/31/2009

Its going to be 2 rebates, the one is going to be for $75 for signing up before the 1st and the other one is going to be for $75 with the new promo.

Up to $150 off.
Can I still get the new promo $75 rebate if I sign up for Classic Silver then downgrade to TurboHD Silver (HD only) after 5 or 6 months?

Can you PM me your email address?

email for the dishstore is store@satelliteguys.us

Classic Silver and Turbo HD Silver are considered the same, so yes.

This is a great deal Claude is offering. Anyone who is thinking of signing up as a new customer should jump on the classic packages. You get free HD for 6 months and all the other goodies. This is more bang for the buck !!!

Then if all you want is HD after 6 months just drop down to one of the Turbo packages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)