Getting ready to leave DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

35LKSA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Eastern PA
I switched to DirecTV a year ago. I found that there are features with DirecTV over DishNetwork that I liked. But there were features with DishNetwork that DirecTV doesn't have that I liked. I am getting to the point where the features with DishNetwork are starting to out-weigh the features of DirecTV. Not to mention that a lot of the channels I watch are HD on Dish but not on DirecTV.

DirecTV is just toooooooooooooooooooooooo slow adding HD channels. Adding PPV or On Demand HD channels doesn't count in my book.

Bye Bye DirecTV

I switched to DirecTV a year ago. I found that there are features with DirecTV over DishNetwork that I liked. But there were features with DishNetwork that DirecTV doesn't have that I liked. I am getting to the point where the features with DishNetwork are starting to out-weigh the features of DirecTV. Not to mention that a lot of the channels I watch are HD on Dish but not on DirecTV.

DirecTV is just toooooooooooooooooooooooo slow adding HD channels. Adding PPV or On Demand HD channels doesn't count in my book.

Bye Bye DirecTV

whew, I am glad I know this.

Usually it's the other way around ....

With all the new stuff happening with D*, I'm surprised DISH has offered more features that you need that D* doesn't have ....

What are some of them ?

I wish that D* had DIY and Trutv hd but most of the shows were stretch o vision anyhow so I don't miss them much. I do miss sling but that's an easy fix I can get sling to use with D*. I just left E* in August and beside the Blockbuster I can't thing of what E* has that D* doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Great adult way to respond.

Yup, it was just as adult as the OP. I'm sure the next topic he posts will be grumbling about the $250 ETF he has to pay for switching back to Dish after only one year. Threads like this are nothing but trolling. He's obviously made up his mind, and he just HAD to let us know about it, so who are we to stand in his way as he retreats to the mediocrity that is Dish Network?

Other than a handful of lesser watched channels; there is hardly anything to "crow about" regarding Dish Network and darn sure not worth endless pages of debate over same. If you don't like a service; then just pack your bags and move on. Getting in to an endless debate over your leaving; seems like you really don't want to move on. At least too me.

.... and this applies to this thread as well: LOL

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/268939-leaving-directv-after-7-years-will.html

One of the great features Dish had that DirecTV doesn't, which is one of the reason I have DirecTV now instead of Dish, is the additional receiver fees which can be $17 or more for one Additional receiver on your account. Now I get MSG HD instead of no RSN's at all on Dish.

John

Yep, those receiver fees can add up if you don't control yourself. Using a Vip612 @$10/month saves you a bit and you only give up a little HD space and lose PIP, otherwise it offers pretty much the same as the HR series from D*, but is faster in remote response than all the HRs except the HR24.... :)

I miss a few things from Dish's approach to HDDVR operation, but I like many things that the D* HRs do, like the much better search.

But at the end of the day, assuming the speed of operation is fine, it isn't about watching the damn receiver, it is watching what is coming down from the satellite! E* has more basic HD, one channel I really miss is BBCA in HD, but otherwise has more sports in HD, more movie channels in HD and slightly better HD than E*.

Hd guide, MRV, RSN hd full time and the very responsive HR24 series is what keeps me happy.
Oh yes and my favorite channel in hd, ESPNU.:)
As long as Direct does not yank any of the current hd channels, I'm happy.
If Dish were to add these in the future and back off of the receiver fees (not happening) I would consider a change. That's the great thing about competion, we can have a choice and sometime find very good deals.:)

I never understand why someone starts a thread like this. If you don't like one provider, then vote with your wallet and go with another....especially if the new provider has HD channels that are important to you and are not offered by D*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts