Getting searching for satellite message on some channels..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john262

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2005
On about one quarter of my channels I am getting a searching for satellite message. On the rest it's OK. Does anyone know what's going on? It's that way on all four of my outlets. Rebooting the receivers doesn't fix it.

Thanks, John

OK thanks. So it's not just me. Actually, I just checked and I'm getting a zero on 13 transponders. The rest are OK.

Looks like the problem is on the 101. The 0's line up real nice in the second to last and last columns of the sat test.
Hope they get this fixed soon or at least let us know what the heck is going on.

Thats why I love this place I was about to go nuts that NESN SD wasnt available. My HD set is in the family room in the basement, not near the kitchen where I will be feeding my almost one year old and I was steaming.

I log on here to find out why D* would want to punch me in the nuts and now I find out the game is on ESPN2 as well so I dont have to fret.

Thanks sat guys.

Im taking my thank you back. Its not on the deuce either.

Its moments like these that make me cringe with D*. I remember the first weekend I had D* and ST and it rained a little and I wasnt able to watch the games.

Same thing here. I called DTV. Got the standard "we're aware of the issue and are working to correct it as soon as possible" line. !sadroll

Also seems to be a problem with VOD. My network connection, which has always been solid, now won't connect the HR20 to the internet connection. Seeing 13 missing transponders on 101 too.

I don't see one word about it on their website. It seems that at least they could let us know what is going on. I am definitely going to be asking for a credit to compensate me for the channels that I am paying for that I am not getting right now. This is ridiculous.

They were talking about an outage on Direct on "Fox and Friends" this morning. Saying Direct knows about it and is working on the fix.

Looks like the problem is on the 101. The 0's line up real nice in the second to last and last columns of the sat test.
Hope they get this fixed soon or at least let us know what the heck is going on.

Yep, seeing this also. Sure hope they didn't loose a sat, that could put a big crimp in things.

Some guy on DBS noticed this at 10 p.m. last night, so it seems to be a substantial problem,

It's really weird looking at the signal meter. Execllent signal strength on all the transponders we see yet all 0's on the ones we don't Every 6th transponder is a 0. Man if it is in fact the bird and not the equipment at D then they have a gigunda problem. Here's hoping they can fix it.

Transponders 6, 8, 14, 16, 22, 24, 30 and 32 went out sometime around 2:00 AM eastern time. I checked with my spectrum analyzer and they were actually out. This was not a guide update software problem as others had speculated.

Fox News and a couple other channels have temporarily been relocated to another transponder.

Now, here's the good news, sort of. I just checked with my spectrum analyzer again, and there is now discernible signal on all eight of those transponders. Most likely, DirecTV has acitvated its backup satellite and now must more the missing channels to it which they apparently are doing one at a time.

In fact, the replacement transponders are stronger than the transponders they replaced. They are stronger than any other CONUS transponder presently transmitting from that slot.

I am sorry for those people who are so broke they must ask for a credit for the small amount of time the channels have been down. I hope they come thru with a big handout for you.

I am sorry for those people who are so broke they must ask for a credit for the small amount of time the channels have been down. I hope they come thru with a big handout for you.
Getting a credit for downtime is not a handout. It is compensating me for a service that I paid for that I am not receiving. If they had the courtesy to at least keep me up to date on their website, it wouldn't be so bad. But if they can't even do that, then on principle I will ask for a credit. It has nothing to do with whether I am broke or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)